Delay boarding Independence of the Seas

avw3

Kind of funny that you mention shifting back and forth. We were on deck 7, interior forward. And I woke up to bow thrusters vibrating more than I recall them vibrating during the cruise. :) Of course, that would be side to side, but still....there was docking action going on.

Yes, Rock Legends was the cruise before the Zumba cruise, and the Zumba cruise had its own extensive amount of sound and lighting equipment, plus branding banners and etc to be displayed inside, which probably contributed to our delayed boarding on Monday.

If I'd gotten a little more aggressive, I could've gotten off that ship and made our 11:50 flight. But knowing I could change it without cost fairly easily, I didn't stress....and I ultimately made the change before we ever left the port. In any event, disembarking into Terminal 22 was a bit of a cluster cluck all its own, and I'm still disappointed in the way disembarkation was not managed well onboard either.

As it worked out, we got in a taxi at just about the same time our original flight was departing. Our taxi driver was kind of funny.... we got in and told him airport and off we went and he said.... "screw this, I'm not coming back. It took me 20 minutes to get in....crazy day, six ships. I'd rather drive someone to the grocery store." He tried to refuse taking a payment...said I didn't owe him a thing when he dropped us off. I got him to take a 20 spot and told him to pay it forward. He shook my hand and left. It was an interesting day all around.

We were on the inbound. It wasn't much better getting off the ship today. :) This was our 40th cruise, and I've never.....ever.....seen anything like it. We missed our flight home, and had luggage tag # 1. I was able to arrange a new flight pretty easily, actually did so before we left the port, but there was so much wrong about getting off that ship today.

Our original flight was 11:50am..... a little risky, but based on past experiences at Port Everglades, seemed imminently doable. It would have been normally....not today. We did make a 1:45pm flight with ease.....but keep in mind we had luggage tag 1. I don't think I'll book a post cruise flight out of FLL earlier than 2pm again.

Curious if that was on Delta? I am looking at this same combination and am concerned about the cost if we miss it. What was their policy?

We were told many different things that happened 1/30 morning.We arrived at 10:20 and the computers went down. Could not take any sea pass pictures at check in. Was told Indy came into the wrong dock so there were no customs agents at that dock or dock workers so they were scrambling.

Also told us the Zumba cruise had issues with removing their equipment off the ship. Probably heard 10 other stories as well. RCC was horrible about keeping anyone updated.

They brought out about 10 cases of water for 3600 people - good going! We were told they ran out of water. Felt so bad for the older people that were standing in line, it was so hot. Thank goodness it wasn't the summer or RCC would have had real trouble with people passing out. We had some, thankfully there wasn't more.

Is the pre-boarding area in Ft Laud not enclosed? I'm sailing out of there on Monday, but before I've only sailed out of Port Canaveral and Tampa, and they are both enclosed. That would be nuts in Florida to have an open air waiting area.

Is there a suite pre-boarding/waiting area at Port Everglades, after you check in? We're getting there super early.

Each terminal is different. Terminal 18 has the nicest area for suite guests. The other terminals have a section of folding chairs for suite guests and high level C&A members.

Is the pre-boarding area in Ft Laud not enclosed? I'm sailing out of there on Monday, but before I've only sailed out of Port Canaveral and Tampa, and they are both enclosed. That would be nuts in Florida to have an open air waiting area.

Once you are clear security and checkin, there is indoor waiting areas. However, the security line does tend to stretch outside at most terminals.

Each terminal is different. Terminal 18 has the nicest area for suite guests. The other terminals have a section of folding chairs for suite guests and high level C&A members.

Thanks - I just checked the port's ship schedule, and it says Independence will be at location "18," which I assume is Terminal 18. That will be nice. :cool:

Thanks - I just checked the port's ship schedule, and it says Independence will be at location "18," which I assume is Terminal 18. That will be nice. :cool:

That's the nicest terminal. the one they use for Oasis and Allure.

Curious if that was on Delta? I am looking at this same combination and am concerned about the cost if we miss it. What was their policy?

We were on Delta. I'm Medallion and don't have to pay a Same Dame Confirmed fee for flight changes day of departure.....IF they have seats available in the inventory you're booked in. The fee for my wife was $50.