FTTF sold out.....out of luck?

no1volman

FTTF is sold out for our June cruise on the Magic. I've read on here that sometimes more will become available later. Is that always the case as we get closer to our sail date? When and if anymore do become available, is there a way to be notified some way? Or am I stuck having to check daily?

We are sailing on the Dream tomorrow - and some FTTF became available this week. Look for some about a week after final payment day, and just before your cruise. You may have to check several times daily, but diligence will pay off...

We are sailing on the Breeze in March and FTTF was previously sold out, but just this week, it opened up again. It was sold out in a matter of hours. Your best bet is to find the roll call for your particular cruise and sign up for email notifications...if/when it opens up, you'll need to purchase it quickly.

Thanks for that hint Raxter54...

My VPV said it was sold out for our cruise which is 419 days away...ha.

There aren't even any excursions listed for the cruise yet.

I kept trying to figure out where I would find FTTF but wasn't sure.

We are doing a b2b so I wanted it just for that first week.

Our VPV said she would keep trying for us but I assume she has a massive amount of people she's taking care of so I wanted to make sure I was checking too.

So, next question, do we know when they release excursions?? 12 months ahead of the cruise??

Thanks again.

Chass

Thanks for that hint Raxter54...

My VPV said it was sold out for our cruise which is 419 days away...ha.

There aren't even any excursions listed for the cruise yet.

I kept trying to figure out where I would find FTTF but wasn't sure.

We are doing a b2b so I wanted it just for that first week.

Our VPV said she would keep trying for us but I assume she has a massive amount of people she's taking care of so I wanted to make sure I was checking too.

So, next question, do we know when they release excursions?? 12 months ahead of the cruise??

Thanks again.

Chass

What's a "VPV"? You mean a "PVP" as in Personal Vacation Planner?

Check MULTIPLE times per day. If you are persistent, chances are, you will snag one.

Good Luck!!!!:D:D

Whenever I see one of these threads, 2 thoughts come to mind:

1. Why is Carnival not charging more for something like this. When you have people saying how they check multiple times a day every day for weeks to buy something I would sure be charging a lot more for it .

And

2. Has anyone ever compared the amount of time they spent trying to get one of these things with the amount of time ithey actually saved by having it ?

You can also send an e-mail asking to be personally notified when and if it will be available. Last fall we did a BTB on Sunshine,and a couple months before sailing were offered a suite upgrade,and a week later received an e-mail offering FTF! I think it depends on how many Diamond and Patinum members are sailing before they decide to release.

We are sailing on the Breeze in March and FTTF was previously sold out, but just this week, it opened up again. It was sold out in a matter of hours. Your best bet is to find the roll call for your particular cruise and sign up for email notifications...if/when it opens up, you'll need to purchase it quickly.

How do I sign up for e-mail notifications?

I contacted the shore excursion department last week about future FTTF availability for my cruise. I received a standard email as have in the past, but it now says that they are no longer wait listing or notifying people when more are available because they are receiving too many requests.

How do I sign up for e-mail notifications?

You would need to find your cruise roll call, and at the top of the thread, it says "thread tools" I think. You can subscribe to get email notifications when someone posts. You might get a lot of notifications, but if/when FTTF comes open, hopefully one of your fellow cruisers will let others know.

That's how I was able to jump on it when more spots opened up.

Yes, you have to keep checking. We would check two or three times a day and the latest we were able to get FTTF was about a week before our cruise.

I think that if you are persistent, as many have already said, you will get one. It is my opinion that they are selling a ton of these things, but they do it in batches. It is pure profit for Carnival, but they have to make it look like they are not selling too many or the benefit gets diluted. The last cruise that I was on there were often four or five people in the Priority GS line, while there were only a few more in the regular line.

Just by reading these boards, it seems that most who want it get it. Just keep checking and they will probably show up.

FTTF is sold out for our June cruise on the Magic. I've read on here that sometimes more will become available later. Is that always the case as we get closer to our sail date? When and if anymore do become available, is there a way to be notified some way? Or am I stuck having to check daily?

I booked the Breeze on Jan 9 and FTTF was sold out. I just kept checking every day ( several times) and all of a sudden - 1 showed up and I grabbed it. I think it depends on how many platinum and diamonds are booked on the cruise as to how many they release.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is FTTF? I have seen it several times now, and am still at a loss as to what it is. (Please be gentle with your replies :))

This is the description from the Carnival website - it can be booked under " excursions" for the cruise you are going on.

Here's what it includes:

(Note: VIFP Club Diamond & Platinum members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)

Priority Check-in

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes for initial embarkation at onset of cruise.

Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining).

Priority Tender Boarding

We hope you take advantage of Carnival's Excursions. If you choose to explore the destination on your own, you will have the option to choose a priority tender from the ship to shore.

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late debarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Click here for more details.

NOTES

• The price covers all occupants of the cabin so only 1 guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits. Must purchase one per stateroom when travelling companions (e.g. children and parents) are in separate staterooms.

• 1 year later...