Reus to Barcelona cruise port

sjf

In October we'll be arriving at Reus airport before our transatlantic cruise which departs Barcelona. We arrive quite late on a Saturday so the plan is to stay a couple of nights in Reus (we know Barcelona city quite well already) and visit the Gaudi centre on the Sunday. Then we'd transfer to the ship on the Monday morning.

Has anyone done a transfer from Reus (airport or centre) to the cruise port, and have a reliable company they'd recommend. I've seen quotes online for 142 - 170 euros for 2 people, single trip. Does that sound about right?

Any thoughts appreciated.

The express train from Reus to Barcelona Sants would be an option. It would take 1 hour and 25 minutes and cost about 10 euros one way.

A taxi from the train station to the port would cost about 20 to 25 euros including all supplements.

A one way car rental from Reus airport with a Barcelona location is also an option. There are some very inexpensive local options at times.

There is a bus from both the center to Barcelona Sants station and the express bus runs with flight schedules from the airport to Diagonal in Barcelona.

Here is the bus and airport websites.

http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Reus/en/Page/1237554545809/

http://www.igualadina.com/index.php

If you have not experience the airlines that fly to Reus, watch your baggage weight or be prepared for hefty fees.

If you have not experience the airlines that fly to Reus, watch your baggage weight or be prepared for hefty fees.

So very true! Reus is mainly used by low cost airlines with very small luggage allowances - double check your booking small print to avoid an expensive experience.

Edited by campolady

RENFE website only shows 2 trains from Reus to Barcelona Sants (may be because its off season now). If you see same for October take short 15 min train to Tarragona and switch there. Tarragona to Barcelona trains go quite often.

Our luggage allowance is 22 kg per person, which is fine for us.

I am surprised there are so few trains. Very useful to know about the possibility of changing in Tarragona - though of course that just adds to the hassle when you are lugging a heavy suitcase!

Our luggage allowance is 22 kg per person, which is fine for us.

I am surprised there are so few trains. Very useful to know about the possibility of changing in Tarragona - though of course that just adds to the hassle when you are lugging a heavy suitcase!

Good that you are with the one more 'civilized' air carrier that flies to Reus. Agents for one other carrier have been very 'aggressive' in Spain as their 'agents' are paid on how many extra charges they can add on to a passengers journey.

To my knowledge there are many more trains. These are 'R Exp' trains. As regional express trains maybe they do not all come up on the renfe website.

Oddly, I use the Swiss rail website to check trains all over Europe as I tend to find their information the most updated for all countries. I see standard fares of just under 10 euro for this journey per person.

http://www.sbb.ch and you can choose 'en' at the top for English.