royal princess - gluten free questions

fragilek

I am a princess newbie- We r thinking of booking the royal princess for next sept. I am celiac and so need gluten free food- I understand that this is not a problem in the main dining rooms. But a lunch I eat light - a few nibbles from the buffet or as a treat cakes/ crepes from cafe.

Is the food labeled on the buffet or is there a dedicated gluten free section.

In the cafe are there any gluten free cakes/ scones/ crepes or pastries.

Thanks

We went with daughter and son in law, both on gluten free diets. They were treated like royalty in the dining room, having every meal specially prepared. In the buffet, one of the table captains would go through the entire buffet area, telling them which foods they could eat. Just let Princess know about your dietary requirements in advance, and enjoy your cruise

Stan

I am a princess newbie- We r thinking of booking the royal princess for next sept. I am celiac and so need gluten free food- I understand that this is not a problem in the main dining rooms. But a lunch I eat light - a few nibbles from the buffet or as a treat cakes/ crepes from cafe.

Is the food labeled on the buffet or is there a dedicated gluten free section.

In the cafe are there any gluten free cakes/ scones/ crepes or pastries.

Thanks

We went with daughter and son in law, both on gluten free diets. They were treated like royalty in the dining room, having every meal specially prepared. In the buffet, one of the table captains would go through the entire buffet area, telling them which foods they could eat. Just let Princess know about your dietary requirements in advance, and enjoy your cruise

Stan

That is excatly what my DW found . She is gluten intolerant not celiac.

The best for gluten free lunch is the MDR that has lunch on sea days. When you order supper the day before they can give you the lunch menu if the MDR is open. They can make or modify many things to eliminate gluten.