Hotels near the Pier in Los Angeles

F858MM

For starters,the pier is actually in San Pedro.............

Last time,we flew in a couple of days ahead and stayed in Hollywood(Renaissance Hotel--GREAT location)...........

Next time we are flying in one day ahead so have to decide where we are staying too...........

San Pedro is not the best place to stay(from what I have read).........more industrial..............Long Beach is not that far...........

Im sure there will be replies from those who can help you better.........I'll be looking too to get some ideas...............

Good luck!

Since I'm staying there in Jan too, I'll tell you why I chose Best Western Sunrise. It is near the pier about 1 mile. There is a seaside village to eat at which is near by too. I do not intend to visit the area per sa as my flight does not get into LAX until 6:30 pm. If I were going to be there longer ie mid-afternoon I would choose Long Beach which is only a couple of miles away but has some good hotels near entertainment.

This hotel was the one we used several times. I read on here it changed names?

I will post it anyway incase the phone numbers and info are still the same. They had great package deals.

Los Angeles Harbor Hotel

3.5.gif

601 S Palos Verdes St

San Pedro, CA 90731

800-346-8357

LAX_SHER-exter-1.jpg

description.gif

Praised for its location, the Los Angeles Harbor Hotel is positioned near the World Cruise Center, and offers complimentary shuttle transportation to the various terminals. Considered the hotel of choice among cruise- bound travelers, this hotel is recognized for having professional concierge assistance that is friendly and responsive. Additionally, the property is favored by business travelers, who are attracted to the hotel's proximity to the Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center (7 miles) and the Los Angeles International Airport (21 miles).

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn San Pedro and it is reasonable, clean and close to the pier. It is an old building but the rooms are huge and have 12' tall doors! There is a restaurant and bar in the hotel. Also nearby is a really good Hawaiian take out restaurant. We grabbed some food there and took it back to the room. Rented a movie and just vegged out. Good way to start a vacation. There is also a small pool and a free shuttle to the ship. We are staying there again prior to our Princess cruise.

Our family (18 of us) are staying at the Best Western Sunrise Hotel in San Pedro. We've always stayed in Long Beach before but someone else in our party booked this hotel as it is close to the harbor and we can leave our cars at the hotel and take their shuttle to the pier. Sounds like it is an ok place - the phone #310-548-1080.

Archived