Premier Voyage

TylerRose

I am very excited to sail on the Konigsdam Premier Voyage. (our first premier voyage). Yet, so little chatter shared by HAL or online for a sail 67 days out...

I would love to hear some past adventures with inaugural cruises.

Any extra festivities it would be wise to pack an additional festive or themed outfit for? (just in case)

...or do they save the special &/or commemorative celebrations for ships christening? :confused:

Unfortunately I think the reason we have heard very little is that this is NOT the Christening Cruise. While they originally called it a Premier cruise they have not even taken that off the Title of this cruise. Sadly I do not think there will be anything happening and we will be lucky to even receive anything special like the Inaugural Plate like in past Inaugurals. This will be just like any other cruise with the exception that we are the first paying passengers. My understanding is all the hoopla will be focused on the Christening Cruise. But like everything else about the Koningsdam everything has been kept hush hush. My guess is a lot is still up in the air.

I am very excited to sail on the Konigsdam Premier Voyage. (our first premier voyage). Yet, so little chatter shared by HAL or online for a sail 67 days out...

I would love to hear some past adventures with inaugural cruises.

Any extra festivities it would be wise to pack an additional festive or themed outfit for? (just in case)

...or do they save the special &/or commemorative celebrations for ships christening? :confused:

Is this not the first official public Koningsdam cruise? I am sure there will be something special! I am an October 24th 2016 on her. Have you registered on the "roll calls" ? There should be folks shortly on there if not within the next couple of weeks.

Do keep in mind that a brand new ship will have its burps and a few unfinished situations.....it is normal. But take it in fun and enjoy with patience and a sense of humor:D so that when I board all that will be rectified and settled ! Thankyou TyleRose for being a firstie:p

Is this not the first official public Koningsdam cruise?
The Apr 8 Premiere cruise is a month before the Christening cruise. Very strange!!

OP, the Christening Cruise for the Koningsdam will depart from Rome (Civitavecchia) on 9 May 2016. The ship will be christened in Rotterdam on 21 May 2016 during this cruise.

Join us on our Roll Call for the cruise, we'd love to add you to our party! :)

On that cruise all of the suites are sold out, so it sounds like that's where all the VIPs will gather for festivities.

Edited by jtl513

The Apr 8 Premiere cruise is a month before the Christening cruise. Very strange!!

On that cruise all of the suites are sold out, so it sounds like that's where all the VIPs will gather for festivities.

Yes it sounds like its her official "coming out" party on May 9th. Chartered for dignitaries that's why "sold out".

I sure do not want them using her all up before our October trip:cool:

Not just VIP's on the 1st cruise. Our PCC was invited to participate many many many months ago. She and her brand new hubby are calling it their Honeymoon Cruise:)

Joanie