hotels san juan

We really enjoyed the service and amenities at the Intercontinental San Juan when we stayed there last month. We've also stayed at the Wyndham Condado Plaza. The service and room weren't that great, but the pool area was still pretty nice.

You didnt say what your price range is....but try this www.elconvento.com

It is Puerto Ricos only 5 star. Was built in the 1650's as a Carmelite convent in the heart of Old San Juan. On their website there is a link to "online" specials and one is called pre/post cruise special. You must stay 2 nights however. We have chosen this hotel for our 2 night pre-cruise stay at the end of Nov. It is near all the sites, restaurants/clubs and shopping !!

Have a wonderful time !

We have stayed at several hotels. In December we will be staying at the Marriott again.

Marriott is fabulous, so is the Intercontinental, The Hilton has a great pool area, Wynndam Condado is another good choice with a great pool area and the El Convento is spectacular. Truly the best of the bunch. All of these will be in the $250+ range

If you are looking for a less expensive place... the El Canario's are a good choice. We have stayed in all 3 and the price is more like $75.00. There is a continental breakfast and you are relatively close to the beach areas. If you stay at the El Canario Inn, try for the top room....it is right at the top and has a very large deck area...bit of a kitchenette and is the same price.

Robin

Unfortunately, most of the hotels are over priced for a single night stay. I have stayed at the Wyndham, Marriott, and OSJ Sheraton. The Wyndham is definitely worn now and the Marriott is getting there. I have not stayed in the Sheraton since the remodel last year, but I am staying there in 2006. If you are looking for a beach and nice pool area, I think the Marriott is nice. The Wyndham has a small beach that is protected in a bay and the pool area is a little smaller and more protected. I personally prefer the Sheraton due to the location and ability to walk out into the nightlife of Old San Juan without having to take a taxi. Senor Frogs is just out the back door and good restaurants are within a few blocks.

Service at all of the hotels is on "island time". I would suggest that you look through the San Juan forum for more information.

Archived