Boarding times at Galveston

scanmom

We have our boarding times, 10 am for 2 cabins in our group, and 11 am for the 3rd cabin. Our hotel, which will shuttle us to the port, has us booked on an 8:30 am shuttle. The 9:30 shuttle is full. Is this a problem? Will they let us enter the terminal that early? Will we just sit there, or are there shops or restaurants in the terminal like at an airport? Or, if they won't let us in, can we check our bags and walk around the general area until our times arrive? Sorry for all the confusion, I've never cruised before and am nervous about our early arrival. Thanks!

recent reports indicate that they are very strict on not letting you enter early. in fact 830 may not be letting anyone inside at all. people are still getting off at that time. our last trip we never even STARTED debarking until after 830 due to weather issues.

and no there is nothing to do at a cruise terminal other than to stand in line and wait. and very little room inside to sit either.

the immediate area doesn't really have much at all, although if you were willing to walk around downtown there may be something to do. but traffic is a right SOB with the new terminal and parking garage construction.

Edited by spookwife

They will not let you in until the scheduled time. The terminal has no restaurants or anything like a airport. Check all your luggage curbside and walk over to the Starbucks on Harborside Drive. When the later time comes up your entire group can board together.

They are very strict about check in times. If I were in your shoes, I would book a later shuttle and check in together at 11 or afterwards. This way you can take your time getting ready in the morning and have a bite to eat. The earliest check in time is 10 and even then there is still traffic exiting the terminal and it's pretty hectic with traffic coming and going. I would ask for a later shuttle, but if this is not possible then check your bags and go for a walk. Hopefully the weather will be on your side.