What's the BEST last minute winter deal you got for 2015/2016?

LMaxwell

Am waiting for 2017 itineraries to come out (for latter half of the year). Wondering if best approach is to book as soon as they are available, or try to book 2 weeks before sailing when there are discounts (November/December time frame, but not holiday weeks).

If you are picky about room choice, the earlier the better. However pricing always is good early November and early Dec. as those dates are pre holidays.

For those dates, I'd start looking after the final payment date for your desired cruise. Not a year in advance.

We booked Regal Princess 1/10-17/16 as a last minute deal. We booked a guarantee balcony 42 days before sailing at a rate of $549pp plus taxes/fees $125pp. Approximately 8 days before sailing our cabin assignment was updated to show we had been given a category D4, premium aft deluxe balcony, M727.

Thank you Princess.

This aft facing balcony is approximately 9' X 12" in size. It has two chairs, two ottomans and a table. It is fully uncovered. For me, a perfect cabin and balcony.

Not so much for my wife. The smokers ghetto is just above on deck 17. Occasionally the wind would blow down a little smoke. My wife avoids smoke like Ebola. For that reason only, we would not select this cabin if picking a cabin versus taking a guarantee.

My opinion is only you can decide the value of a deal against potentially missing out on a cabin selection or even availability of a cruise.