Millenium Asian cruise

tercar

Don't get me wrong celebrity is my favourite cruise line however, I have just returned from the Asian and Philippines cruise and witnessed a definite decline. One evening I entered the MDR at 7.30pm and at 8.40pm I still had crockery on the table from my 1st course, As I was wanting to se the show! Which was the best one of the entire cruise, I left the DR without being fed. The entertainment was the worst I have experienced on celebrity especially during the day. I did not receive my flower from the captains club- no big deal but being told they only had 200 flowers someone had to miss out. I also found the captains club hostess to be rather unsocial. As we entered she spoke briefly saying "hello I haven't see you here before!" End of! The ship is in need of its refurb, which I understand is soon. As always the staff in martini bar were amazing and work very hard, as do most of the staff, however there is a definite cut back of staff which is seriously beginning to show. Don't spoil a great line celebrity.

Sorry you didn't have the cruise you expected.

We did Japan and China on Millie in Oct/Nov and it was one of our favorite cruises.

We found the service, food and ship to be excellent. However, I do agree that the entertainment was not as good as we normally see on X. Further, the production shows are repeats from the last two years and we have seem them again and again and again.

I do understand that X has now shows coming out.

We (group of 8) were on the same cruise as 4774Papa and totally agree it was an excellent cruise. Ship was spotless but then again I wasn't trying to search out rust or anything. The ones in our group that went to the evening shows were newby cruisers and were very happy with the entertainment but we don't go anymore. I'm trying to remember what we did during the day lol We didn't have many sea days on that itinerary so probably just read by the Tpool. We had excellent smooth service and great food in early traditional.

It can be frustrating when the meals don't go as planned. I have never had Select Dining so I have no idea what the issues could have been to make the service so slow. Sorry that happened.

I was looking at that cruise for next year:) Was it the Vietnam & Philippine cruise? Fabulous itinerary:D

We (group of 8) were on the same cruise as 4774Papa and totally agree it was an excellent cruise. Ship was spotless but then again I wasn't trying to search out rust or anything. The ones in our group that went to the evening shows were newby cruisers and were very happy with the entertainment but we don't go anymore. I'm trying to remember what we did during the day lol We didn't have many sea days on that itinerary so probably just read by the Tpool. We had excellent smooth service and great food in early traditional.

It can be frustrating when the meals don't go as planned. I have never had Select Dining so I have no idea what the issues could have been to make the service so slow. Sorry that happened.

I was looking at that cruise for next year:) Was it the Vietnam & Philippine cruise? Fabulous itinerary:D

Yes it was the Vietnam and philipines cruise I am looking to do a similar one next year on the connie I do love the Far East X

Don't get me wrong celebrity is my favourite cruise line however, I have just returned from the Asian and Philippines cruise and witnessed a definite decline. One evening I entered the MDR at 7.30pm and at 8.40pm I still had crockery on the table from my 1st course, As I was wanting to se the show! Which was the best one of the entire cruise, I left the DR without being fed. The entertainment was the worst I have experienced on celebrity especially during the day. I did not receive my flower from the captains club- no big deal but being told they only had 200 flowers someone had to miss out. I also found the captains club hostess to be rather unsocial. As we entered she spoke briefly saying "hello I haven't see you here before!" End of! The ship is in need of its refurb, which I understand is soon. As always the staff in martini bar were amazing and work very hard, as do most of the staff, however there is a definite cut back of staff which is seriously beginning to show. Don't spoil a great line celebrity.

We too were on this cruise and agree that cutbacks are having a definite impact. We made reservations months ago for select dining, booking at 8.15 each night. On the second evening there was a queue of about 30 couples all with reservations and they just couldn't cope. After that there were queues every evening but not quite as bad. Service was poor, sometimes very slow, hardly ever anyone to take drinks orders, and nobody really cared whether we enjoyed the food or not. Tables were very cramped together. It was also difficult to get service in the Rendezvous bar as there only seemed to be one or two waiters even at busy times. We last cruised the Millennium 5 years ago and it really is getting tatty in places. We had a balcony cabin on deck 7 and there were some bad smells outside the cabins. We rarely saw attendants in the toilets in an evening whereas last year there was always someone cleaning. On a positive note we did get our red rose and we found the captains club hostess very friendly and she always remember our names. The elite breakfast was good and we enjoyed the cocktail hours. Dinner in Olympic was outstanding and I can't believe they are changing it to Tuscan Grille. Why do we have to have the same speciality restaurants with the same menus all the time ? We do love Celebrity and even booked on board for 2018 but management need to remember that you can only push someone so much and then they will jump ship !