Just off Jewel of the Seas, Any Questions?

We were at the port by 11:00am. No lines. Got right on and checked in. We were sitting by the pool at 11:20.

Dining in the main dining room was moved to 5:30 on this day only, due to the muster drill. The drill was at 8:00pm. Late seating was at 8:30.

The timing of muster was very bad for those with late dining. I was sailing with first time cruisers and of course we all wanted to experience their first sail away with them. So we enjoyed it and were about 20 minutes late to dinner that first night. Also, this ship seemed CONSIDERABLY less crowded than any prior cruise. No lines anywhere! May have been due to all those people missing the ship, but my 1st thought was that all of Royal's ships were like that and I was very pleased!

Edited by MISSSNOOPYGIRL

Where do you go to get "included" food/snacks between dinner and bedtime? Been on the liberty before and loved having Cafe Promonade and Sorrento`s available all the time.

we`re going in the summer so guess Seaview cafe will be gone and replaced with izumi (not free?). Is the pizzaria in the solarium ok? Does the Cafe latè tude have snacks/food?

Where do you go to get "included" food/snacks between dinner and bedtime? Been on the liberty before and loved having Cafe Promonade and Sorrento`s available all the time.

Right now, you can go to the Solarium, where they serve pizza slices. Not sure if that will change to Park Cafe after dry dock, but either way, it should still have the pizza.

Right now, you can go to the Solarium, where they serve pizza slices. Not sure if that will change to Park Cafe after dry dock, but either way, it should still have the pizza.

Thanks, Clarea.

Looking forward to see final upgrades on Jewel.

A few questions?

Heard some people were boarding as early as 11. Anyone know if that's possible?

Also we have late dining. Does the muster drill interfere with that?

Yes, it's possible to board as early as 11am. If the previous cruise has no delays and no problems with disembarkation, then they can start boarding early.

We were on the same sailing 1/24/16....almost didn't make it due to the weather in the northeast, but luckily did! We were told about 685 people didn't make it. We saw some boarding in Barbados on Tuesday. Had an amazing time and looking forward to our next on the Anthem March 2017!

Wasn't sure how we would be on the smaller ship after being in the Allure most recently, but we really had a great time and the ship is in great shape even though it is older and going to dry dock in April. Staff was amazing! So attentive and friendly. Captain Liz was great as well as our cruise director Dennis Charles, he was every where! Bernard in the Schooner Bar was our favorite, even with the piano guy not being the best, we always hung out here.

We did 2 ship excursions... Barbados Tiami Catamaran snorkel with the sea turtles which I've done before and once again had a great time! The Best excursion out of 18 cruises by far for me, was our Hotwire Pitons Zipline in St. Lucia!! Pricey but 100% worth every penny. We sailed on a boat 45mins to Soufrierre and saw the Pitons, took a 5 min bus ride to the plantation where the Zipline was.... Did 8 different zip lines with some great views and then. Sailed 45 mins back to the ship with some rum punch flowing!

Antigua we took a taxi to Valley Church beach... Absolutely gorgeous beach! I've been to Antigua many times before and this was the most impressed I was with the island... Probably one of the most beautiful beaches.

St. Maarten we normally go to Orient bay, but we chose to go to Maho Beach to experience this and what an experience it was! Planes probably 75ft. Above and feeling like you are about to touch them!

St. Croix we walked around the shops and vendors off the ship and walked along the water front to the beach overlooking the ship..... Rented some snorkeling gear for $10 each and had some of the best snorkeling!

Wish we were still on our cruise, instead we are preparing for about 10in of snow tomorrow [emoji17]... Countdown has begun for Anthem March 5, 2017!

Edited by Cruiser421

• 3 weeks later...