Reflection Cabin #s 1676 and 1684

Oceangoer2

I've searched the posts for info on these Reflection cabins. Presently we're booked in #1684 and someone posted there was window washing equipment right outside the balcony #1686 blocking view aft so may affect our view? #1676 is available for the Nov. 12th sailing; the S Class sticky reports don't show info for the Reflection; apparently other Solstice ships are configured differently so I can't go by the info posted. Anyone have any experience in these cabins? Also, available are #1672 and #1680. Thanks for your help.

Edited by oceangoer2

We are sailing next month and canceled our first cabin (1636) after being told by an agent on the phone about window washing equipment. I switched to 1666 with very few A2 cabins left. In reading other posts it seems like this equipment could be anywhere on the ship. The closest review I found to ours was 1660 on the same ship. If you call Celebrity and speak to someone with real knowledge of the ship, I have a feeling they can tell you where exactly the window washing equipment is. Good luck and let us know if you find out.

I've searched the posts for info on these Reflection cabins. Presently we're booked in #1684 and someone posted there was window washing equipment right outside the balcony #1686 blocking view aft so may affect our view? #1676 is available for the Nov. 12th sailing; the S Class sticky reports don't show info for the Reflection; apparently other Solstice ships are configured differently so I can't go by the info posted. Anyone have any experience in these cabins? Also, available are #1672 and #1680. Thanks for your help.

Actually, on Reflection, that huge window-washing contraption is right outside the balcony on the S1, 1688. It blocks the entire starboard side view from that corner balcony. Your view aft from 1672 on back will definitely be blocked by that machine from those C2 cabins back aft.

Having said that, if you were in 1672, you probably wouldn't notice the machine unless you are standing at the rail looking aft. You will pretty much have a full 180 degree view from that balcony. I wouldn't worry about it.

We are sailing next month and canceled our first cabin (1636) after being told by an agent on the phone about window washing equipment. I switched to 1666 with very few A2 cabins left. In reading other posts it seems like this equipment could be anywhere on the ship. The closest review I found to ours was 1660 on the same ship. If you call Celebrity and speak to someone with real knowledge of the ship, I have a feeling they can tell you where exactly the window washing equipment is. Good luck and let us know if you find out.

Personally, I think the agent who told you that is full of crap. 1636 on Reflection is an excellent C1 stateroom on the hump - in fact, I have that one reserved for a October 2017 transatlantic. It has a larger balcony than most and has bed by the bath. From the balcony, you will have to strain your eyes at the rail to see the window-washing machine. It's way back there. You probably won't notice it from your balcony unless you are looking for it.

Personally, I think the agent who told you that is full of crap. 1636 on Reflection is an excellent C1 stateroom on the hump - in fact, I have that one reserved for a October 2017 transatlantic. It has a larger balcony than most and has bed by the bath. From the balcony, you will have to strain your eyes at the rail to see the window-washing machine. It's way back there. You probably won't notice it from your balcony unless you are looking for it.

I really appreciate the reply. It's a shame how little information is available via the people at Celebrity on the phone and how much more information can be gotten here. Oh well. We are in 1666 a little further back. Last year we were Aft and truely loved the location. The only reason we didn't take a room there (and they are still available) is because of the soot and lack of an overhang. If those two things weren't an issue, that would have been our first choice. So, this year we'll try Blu. For the second time around, it will be different. Any insight on 1666 would be appreciated.

I really appreciate the reply. It's a shame how little information is available via the people at Celebrity on the phone and how much more information can be gotten here. Oh well. We are in 1666 a little further back. Last year we were Aft and truely loved the location. The only reason we didn't take a room there (and they are still available) is because of the soot and lack of an overhang. If those two things weren't an issue, that would have been our first choice. So, this year we'll try Blu. For the second time around, it will be different. Any insight on 1666 would be appreciated.

It's got the bed by the bath -- I think you will be just fine with that stateroom.

Now that we've switched, any problems with #1138 Reflection?

Excellent stateroom on the hump - bed by bath with large balcony. We are in the one just above on a transatlantic in 2017 - 1636.

Just be aware that it is a connecting cabin with the door connecting in the bulkhead across from the bathroom. You probably won't have any problems, though.

This thread is scaring me. Am I in trouble with Cabin 1690 ? View or soot or lack of overhang or size of balcony or ????

No problem with view in your aft stateroom. If there is any soot while underway, just ask your stateroom attendant take care of it.

Excellent stateroom on the hump - bed by bath with large balcony. We are in the one just above on a transatlantic in 2017 - 1636.

Just be aware that it is a connecting cabin with the door connecting in the bulkhead across from the bathroom. You probably won't have any problems, though.

What possible problems can one have with a connecting door? Is it within our cabin and does it take up space or noise travels through? I've never noticed a connecting door before. I thought the two cabins connecting had independent doors out in the foyer between cabins or is that only on certain Solstice ships?

What possible problems can one have with a connecting door? Is it within our cabin and does it take up space or noise travels through? I've never noticed a connecting door before. I thought the two cabins connecting had independent doors out in the foyer between cabins or is that only on certain Solstice ships?

Reflection is the only S-Class ship that has the connecting door in the bulkhead between the two cabins. It really shouldn't be a problem or interfere with any of your stateroom space.

No problem with view in your aft stateroom. If there is any soot while underway, just ask your stateroom attendant take care of it.

I think it's great to know in advance about the soot issue. I had read about it before last year's sailing but didn't pay much attention. We were on Deck 9 center aft. You are in a great place on the corner and you may not have as bad of an issue as we did. You are in a different location as well as 2 decks up. There is less shade as you go down to lower decks. We experienced soot our first hour in the stateroom. They were not noticeable at all as they are very tiny specks (before they build up and are visible in clumps.) When my husband sat down to enjoy the gorgeous view and then stood up, his khaki shorts were black. Once we fully understood the issue, we did request a full wash down of our balcony furniture and floor every morning. We also checked before we sat down any time of day after that. Our favorite is STILL Aft (some call it Sunset) which we originally booked on this sailing. We had a couple of reasons for changing, one being A2 and C1 were the same price and second we are traveling with a friend who doesn't care for Aft. We gave up Aft and will experience Blu. You will love the fantastic, quiet, secluded location, the panoramic view and just be mindful there could be soot. (Cover the chairs with towels while you are not using the room can also helpful because your deck isn't going to be hosed down multiple times each day.) Please correct me if I'm wrong, the soot comes from the smokestack which is located near the AFT but soot either only occurs on certain days (either sea or port I cannot remember) or certain times of day.

This thread is scaring me. Am I in trouble with Cabin 1690 ? View or soot or lack of overhang or size of balcony or ????

I think it's great to know in advance about the soot issue. I had read about it before last year's sailing but didn't pay much attention. We were on Deck 9 center aft. You are in a great place on the corner and you may not have as bad of an issue as we did. You are in a different location as well as 2 decks up. There is less shade as you go down to lower decks. We experienced soot our first hour in the stateroom. They were not noticeable at all as they are very tiny specks (before they build up and are visible in clumps.) When my husband sat down to enjoy the gorgeous view and then stood up, his khaki shorts were black. Once we fully understood the issue, we did request a full wash down of our deck furniture and floor every morning. We also checked before we sat down any time of day after that. Our favorite is STILL Aft (some call it Sunset) which we originally booked on this sailing. We had a couple of reasons for changing, one being A2 and C1 were the same price and second we are traveling with a friend who doesn't care for Aft. We gave up Aft and will experience Blu. You will love the fantastic, quiet, secluded location, the panoramic view and just be mindful there could be soot. (Cover the chairs with towels while you are not using the room can also be helpful because your deck isn't going to be hosed down multiple times each day.) Please correct me if I'm wrong, the soot comes from the smokestack which is located near the AFT but soot either only occurs on certain days (either sea or port I cannot remember) or certain times of day. Have a wonderful time! We loved it and thus are doing it a second time.

Edited by shopper19

It's got the bed by the bath -- I think you will be just fine with that stateroom.

Did I receive incorrect information from the concierge desk representative? He advised that the bed is by the balcony in 1666. I'm glad we didn't choose the room for the location of the bed, but I would be curious as to which it is, thus no surprises when we enter. Where can this type of information be found? Thank you!!!

Is everyone familiar with the cabin spreadsheet?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

I check it out all the time. Thanks to everyone who inputs! Not many Reflection updates...find cabin info for other Solstice ships but Reflection has a different deck layout. BTW..anyone have any experience in Reflection #1138?

Edited by oceangoer2

Did I receive incorrect information from the concierge desk representative? He advised that the bed is by the balcony in 1666. I'm glad we didn't choose the room for the location of the bed, but I would be curious as to which it is, thus no surprises when we enter. Where can this type of information be found? Thank you!!!

Go to the deck plans and find stateroom 1674. It's a C2 stateroom. Notice the square by the stateroom number -- that means the stateroom has a fold out sofa bed. Those are always by the balcony, thus the bed is by the bath.

All the staterooms alternate bed by bath/balcony/bath/balcony, etc. All you have to do is count.

How is the room 1599 on the Celebrity Reflection? Is it quiet at night? Is the bed near the bathroom? Is that preferable and why? Thanks!

Stateroom 1599 has bed by the bath. It's a personal preference. Some prefer bed by bath, and others bed by balcony.

I prefer bed by bath, so the desk is by the balcony (across from the sofa). More light for women to put on makeup and blow out their hair as all the plugs are by that desk. That's what my wife would say. :D:D:D

Go to the deck plans and find stateroom 1674. It's a C2 stateroom. Notice the square by the stateroom number -- that means the stateroom has a fold out sofa bed. Those are always by the balcony, thus the bed is by the bath.

All the staterooms alternate bed by bath/balcony/bath/balcony, etc. All you have to do is count.

That was my assumption too based on the "counting" method. I booked late and didn't choose the stateroom based on the location of the bed. I made a second call to Celebrity out of curiosity (and because the correct information is more often here) to see what the next person would say. I was told again the bed is by the balcony. I was a little more inquisitive and asked how exactly he knew that. He said all of the agents have a list, but it's only for S class ships. On that list, it only shows the cabins with the bed by the bath or as he called it "the bed in the middle." He said based on that list (unless the room was re-configured) I should assume our bed is by the balcony. So, I guess we will be surprised.

P.S. Wine-O, thank you for all of you replies. You have a lot of great information to share.

Edited by shopper19