Crown 25th thru 29th jan

mrsihopes

We were on the crown on Jan 25th thru the 29th. Just wondering, I know they had the virus on there the 2 cruises previous to ours. When we boarded everything was back to normal. My husband came home and got very sick, just wondering if anyone else got sick from that cruise.

We were on the crown on Jan 25th thru the 29th. Just wondering, I know they had the virus on there the 2 cruises previous to ours. When we boarded everything was back to normal. My husband came home and got very sick, just wondering if anyone else got sick from that cruise.

What were his symptoms? We were on the18th & my husband & I both had an upset stomach (pretty sure not noro from what I'm reading). We has seafood which may not have agreed with us.

Did he go to the doctor? What did the doctor say if he went? Since you didn't get it, it may not have been Noro... but who knows? Also, this is something he may have caught before he boarded the ship since it takes a few days for Noro to develop.

Please let us know what you find out. I hope your husband feels better!

He felt fine on the ship but the day after we got home was when he got sick, mainly a fever and cough with some sneezing...

That sounds more like flu or a cold & glad that you didn't get sick. :) With these shorter cruises there is a higher turnover rate of passengers & thus more opportunities to bring sicknesses onto the ship.

Once we had a lady in the cabin next to us who was coughing & hacking so loudly that we could hear her through the cabin's wall. We were relaxing on our balcony during turnaround day in Port Everglades & she was still coughing while repeatedly calling people she knew & loudly telling them about getting very sick the day before the cruise.

Just one example of passengers bringing sicknesses on the ship but it's many places & being proactive doesn't guarantee we won't get sick.