Thoughts on Westin Grand Vancouver?

I'm looking for a hotel to stay on my pre-cruise overnight in May. Seeking something close to the ship pier and Canada Place with a budget of around $200 for the night. It looks very good on the map for pre-cruise siteseeing convenience.

Anyone who's stayed there who has a nay/yea to offer? If nay, any alternative suggestions?

Location is great, right next to central library - pretty sweet pool deck too, our first condo overlooked it and we had some tremendous people-watching! Hidden (resto) is pretty decent too, though not as good as when it first opened. If you can score a room for under $200 I'd be all over that if I were you.

try the Century Plaza on Burrard street. They have great service, the rooms are decent and its a straight shot (10 blocks?)down Burrard Street to Canada Place.

Unfortunately hotel rooms are expensive in DT Vancouver. Try finding a deal on Travelzoo. Quite often they have deals for the Sheraton Wall Centre which is across the street from Century Plaza.

Hmm..... Looking at the Westin for May 29th for one night. It's $314 Canadian or just over $200 USD. The Westin is a great hotel, but I prefer a little West for more restaurant choices on Robson.

Looking at Expedia, other cheap options for that night...

• $299/USD$210 Westin Bayshore
  • $239/USD$168 Delta Suites
  • $225/USD$158 Marriot Residence
  • $209/USD$147 Holiday Inn
  • $279/USD$196 Hampton Inn
  • $175/USD$123 Century Plaza
  • $191/USD$134 Days Inn
  • $165/USD$116 Best Western Sands

Vancouver does not have to be expensive for a multi-night stay. With a little imagination.... Vancouver has many options for all types of budgets. However everyone's has different standards.

I understand the shelters are not popular. I have heard some sleep under the cruise terminal on floating rafts.

Vancouver does not have to be expensive for a multi-night stay. With a little imagination.... Vancouver has many options for all types of budgets. However everyone's has different standards.

I understand the shelters are not popular. I have heard some sleep under the cruise terminal on floating rafts.

:rolleyes: OH MY this is perfect, do you think that we could get a raft for our visit on June 15-18?? The weather should be nice!!! :cool: :D