Ballroom/West Coast Swing Dancing on the Oasis class ships

Boo2

My husband and I are considering a cruise on the Allure or the Harmony late this year; we are ballroom/West Coast Swing dancers and I'd like to know a little about the dancing opportunities on this class of ship.

Can anyone tell me if they've done any ballroom dancing on the Oasis or the Allure? I know that they have two venues for dancing - The Bolero and Dazzles. I don't mean to sound like a "dance snob" but are there any times that are dedicated to serious ballroom dancing or will we be fighting kids playing on the floor every time we try to dance?

Also, if anyone can send me the dailies for one of these ships, I'd really appreciate it. That way, I can see if they have any regular dancing that we can take advantage of.

Thanks so much!

• 7 months later...

We were on Oasis of the Seas few years ago. The floor on the Bolero is small and the music is limited to cha cha, rumba, salsa, merengue and bachata. There is a place for dancing on the higher deck (forgot the name, may be Dazzles). The floor is not hardwood floor (glass floor), so it is sticky. Not good for your knee. Besides, the dance floor has a weird shape (like Y shape). You can't do waltz, foxtrot or quickstep. You may be able to do Two Steps, slow dancing, rumba, or cha cha. The music the bands played or sang was mostly disco. If you like ballroom dancing, this ship is not for you. But if you like entertainment shows and space and other sport activities, then this ship is perfect. But don't expect good food in the MDR.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by CruiseLady88

We were on Independence and a dance group was on board. Perhaps that is a better option, they were very good dancers and entertaining to watch. See if there is any organized group planning a cruise?

As a group they maybe able to organize times in different venues not used at other times? I know a Round Dancing group one time had an area to use during the day, we went to watch.

Freedom Class has a dance floor that may work better? But depends on the band and what they are playing each night, whether it is what you are wanting.