Ruby Princess, First Princess Cruise

marathon51

HI folks, In our late 50's. First cruise coming up in August 2016, Seattle to Alaska, Inland Passage 7 day. Booked Baja Deck B748, aft corner cabin. Just looking for tips/tricks for this ship/cabin, itinerary etc. We have already gained so much info about Princess in general from the community here. Thanks a ton.

Hope to have a long cruise list someday,

:D

I just want to welcome you to CC. :)

We will be sailing Ruby for the first time on Feb 14th, but IMO, you have a great cabin !

Our favorite place to hang out is the IC, the International Café. A lot happens there---entertainment, relaxing, and the wonderful, mostly free, food.

You will enjoy this cruise soooo much.

Patti

Cabin choice was a BIG mistake...

You will never be happy again unless you are in an aft balcony.:D

Welcome to CC and enjoy your cruise.

On our first cruise (on the Caribbean Princess) we were upgraded from Interior to Balcony.... and now we could never sail Interior. :)

That said, to the OP, my last cruise was on the Ruby, and I had an excellent experience. Good ship all around, very friendly crew.

I hope you get a good view when driving to the port. That first glimpse is always incredible. Those ships are _big_. :)

Edited by Yankee_

You picked a good ship for your first time. Be sure to visit Adagio's on deck 16, most relaxing lounge on the ship (well, with SHARE there now, I don't know.) You also picked the best cabin, and it's true you'll never want anything but an aft again. Nothing like watching the wake from your balcony.

• 3 weeks later...
Make sure your reservation is marked " no upgrade" because that cabin is amazing- I have been in the aft corner baha cabin twice , and LOVED it. It is hard for me to book anything else because I don't want any other location!

Once you have booked, how do you mark it no upgrade? I have looked and cant find where to do this?

HI folks, In our late 50's. First cruise coming up in August 2016, Seattle to Alaska, Inland Passage 7 day. Booked Baja Deck B748, aft corner cabin. Just looking for tips/tricks for this ship/cabin, itinerary etc. We have already gained so much info about Princess in general from the community here. Thanks a ton.

Hope to have a long cruise list someday,

:D

We are taking our first cruise in November, on the Ruby, in room B748! :D Sounds like we made a good choice!

We have always had a balcony cabin, whether forward, mid,or mid bump out and then we tried and aft corner...C753. What a HUGE mistake...now we won't cruise unless we get an aft corner either on Caribe (preferred) or Baja deck.

So, yesssss you made a great choice, enjoy the wake and your vacation.

I just want to welcome you to CC. :)

We will be sailing Ruby for the first time on Feb 14th, but IMO, you have a great cabin !

Our favorite place to hang out is the IC, the International Café. A lot happens there---entertainment, relaxing, and the wonderful, mostly free, food.

You will enjoy this cruise soooo much.

Patti

Thanks for the info. Hubby and I are cruising to Alaska on the Ruby May 22, 2016. This is our first cruise and we are so excited about going to Alaska and to experience being on a cruise ship!! Our cabin is on the Caribe deck 434. We looked at the deck plans on the Ruby and they have B1, B2, B4, BD, and BE. What does that mean? :D

Edited by videolady