Post cruise car rental Miami --> FLL for the day

mitsugirly

Hi,

Does anyone know if Thrifty has a location on SE 2nd Street? Their website lists a CruisePort location but that's it. I can't seem to find out any more info. When I tried to call the main 1-800 number for Thrifty they told me the location has no phone??

Thanks so much!

Not on SE 2nd...that is Budget or Avis. Per thrifty.com:

MIAMI CRUISE SHIP - SHUTTLE PROVIDED, SEE POLICY (PM4)

3900 NW 25TH STREET

PORT - SHUTTLE PROVIDED

MIAMI, FL UNITED STATES 33142

(877) 283-0898

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Does anyone know if Thrifty has a location on SE 2nd Street? Their website lists a CruisePort location but that's it. I can't seem to find out any more info. When I tried to call the main 1-800 number for Thrifty they told me the location has no phone??

Thanks so much!

Not on SE 2nd...that is Budget or Avis. Per thrifty.com:

MIAMI CRUISE SHIP - SHUTTLE PROVIDED, SEE POLICY (PM4)

3900 NW 25TH STREET

PORT - SHUTTLE PROVIDED

MIAMI, FL UNITED STATES 33142

(877) 283-0898

So when you are on their site, it says "Miami Cruise Ship -Shuttle Provided" then tells you to see policy details. I can't find where the "Policy details" are. I have searched and searched. :confused:

Ok, I called the regular number on Thrifty and they told me that this

"Miami Cruise" area does have a shuttle that runs every 45 minutes and it is free. They will pick you up at the cruise port and take you to their location at 3900 NW 25th St.

Also, this place does not charge you a drop ship fee to take it to FLL.

So I'm officially booked! :)

Just got off the Reflection in Miami on Feb 6th. Had prebooked a car with Budget. Used location "Port of Miami, SE 2nd St". Waited about 10 minutes for shuttle. He did not wait to fill up, as no one else was waiting. So it was just my sister and me on the shuttle. 10 minutes to rental location. 20 minute wait for car.

I dropped off a Budget car on the way to a cruise. We dropped off around 11:00 am, and there was a line of people waiting to rent a car (waiting for cars to be dropped off?), and for the shuttle to the Port.

My point being: Given the comments about waiting for a car, you might want to have one person Self Assist Debark to get the car ASAP and avoid the lines.

Thrashed around all the rental options for a while before coming back to Sixt.

We are picking up from their downtown Miami location at 330 Se 1st St, 33131 and dropping off at FLL.

Standard car cost is $173, will let you know how it goes.

Thrashed around all the rental options for a while before coming back to Sixt.

We are picking up from their downtown Miami location at 330 Se 1st St, 33131 and dropping off at FLL.

Standard car cost is $173, will let you know how it goes.

$173 :eek: Wow, can I ask why you would pay that much when you can rent from the other places for around $30+? Just wondering what's so special about it?

We just got back from our cruise on Sunday.

We used the Alamo shuttle to MIA, only waited 5 minutes for the shuttle and it was a quick 15 minute drive to the car care center at the Airport. Took 5 minutes to get through the rental line and we were out to pick up a car. We had rented a compact car and found a brand new VW Jetta in the compact line so we were happy, lots of trunk room.

The shuttle bus was the large buses and I saw a couple of them circling around the port. There were 5 or 6 ships in port on Sunday so I was surprised we got on the shuttle so quickly, but maybe we timed it right, we were off the ship about 8:30, and in our rental by 9:15.

• 6 months later...
Ok, I called the regular number on Thrifty and they told me that this

"Miami Cruise" area does have a shuttle that runs every 45 minutes and it is free. They will pick you up at the cruise port and take you to their location at 3900 NW 25th St.

Also, this place does not charge you a drop ship fee to take it to FLL.

So I'm officially booked! :)

Mitsugirly: Did this process go smoothly for you? This is our first time having a late flight after the cruise, so I booked a rental with Thrifty for the day. Did you have to wait on the shuttle long and was the process picking up the car pretty quick? One more question, did you have any tolls between MIA and FLL? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums