Can you alter booked excursions

hiprep

We are on our first MSC cruise next month on the Fantasia. There are a few excursions we want to book. I was wondering if you are allowed to cancel or change your excursion once you are on board if you give enough notice, as you are able to on other lines.

Having read the terms and conditions I can't find anything about this. It just says you can cancel up to 4 days before embarkation.

Has anyone had any experience of this. Thanks.

From the US site:

The full payment will be debited on your on board account at the time of embarkation. Should you cancel or modify the Shore Excursions booked, no charge will be applied if MSC is notified of the cancellation or change no later than 4 days before the day of embarkation. Should MSC be notified of the cancellation or change later than 4 days before the day of embarkation, you may be subject to a cancellation charge which could amount to a 100% cancellation charge.

I would read that to mean that beyond the 4 day mark, you cannot cancel without some sort of charge. I certainly would not assume you could change/cancel beyond the 4 day mark. Ts&Cs could be different in Europe, of course.

We did need to cancel DW and DD from an excursion one time due to medical, one day before the excursion. The service desk said 'no deal' unless we had a note from the doc. We had seen the doc and got the note, so they had no problem cancelling DD (who had the issue) and DW to stay on the ship with her.

This was on Divina in the Caribbean, so it could be different in Europe if legally required.

As it turned out, it was a good thing they girls missed this one. It was a SeaWorld Explorer "submarine" tour, and it was pretty nausea inducing. DW has issues even on smaller pirate boat tours and such. She would have needed medical had she gone on that tour!

Unfortunately once you book a tour with the excursion office you can't cancel it unless you have a medical certificate from the doctor (which costs). Hopefully you'll always have good weather on your excursion day but if it's raining you either go and get wet or you remain on board. In either case your nonrefunable excursion is paid for.

We are on our first MSC cruise next month on the Fantasia. There are a few excursions we want to book. I was wondering if you are allowed to cancel or change your excursion once you are on board if you give enough notice, as you are able to on other lines.

Having read the terms and conditions I can't find anything about this. It just says you can cancel up to 4 days before embarkation.

Has anyone had any experience of this. Thanks.

Once on board, the rules were very explicit that only a note from the ship doctor would allow a change.

Another reason I recommend you wait is because, and this can vary, that the USD pre-booking prices were more expensive than the on-board prices (in Euros). For example, a tour that cost us €145 on board was $199 if we had booked in advance. It seemed that, for my sailing, the excursion prices had been set before the Euro tumbled in relative value.