Quick Regal Laundry Question..

Murphey

I thought I read somewhere that the machines were free of charge but they'll charge you for laundry soap. Hmmm, will have to see if I can find that post.

Just a quick search...found two others who said on the Regal the machines are free, but you have to pay for the laundry soap. (sorry, I don't know how to create a link to the posts I found)

We were on the Regal in April 2004 and the machines were free. Some of the machines had been replaced and they were still free. It kind of surprised us that they didn't put in coin-operated machines when they were replaced. Just about all the other Princess ships have coin laundry. The soap was $1 per load. To have entirely complimentary laundry, just pack some dryer sheets and a ziploc bag with your soap in it.

And if you look on the ship's plan, you will notice there is more than one deck with a laundry room. One which seemed to be underused is on one of the upper decks (don't recall the deck name or #) where the Kidz Zone is located if I don't have my ships confused. :) You can pop your laundry in, go sit in a lounge on the aft of the ship, go back to put it in the dryer and sit out on deck again. The only drawback is that you have to carry your laundry to a different floor.

We just got off of the Regal Princess 10/6/05 and it was funny trying to watch people put quarters in the laundry facilities there, as the coin slots don't work - all the washer and dryers are free! If you bring laundry detergent and dryer sheets, no problem. The laundry detergent machine dispenser wasn't working towards the end of the cruise, so many people went to guest relations to get some... happy cruising! (Don't forget about 10-forward, starboard side for the best viewing!)

Hi - We are sailing on the Regal in April for the FLL to Manaus cruise. Cindy - we are also from Seattle. Thanks for the tip on 10 forward starboard for the best viewing. Any other tips on the Regal would be appreciated.

Thanks Nancy

CindyinSeattle:

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by "10 forward, starboard side for the best viewing".

And any additional tips/tricks you want to share would be greatly appreciated. I'll be boarding the Regal this Sunday...yipee skipee!

Thanks!

Archived