What to do in Phuket, Thailand??

We have never been to Phuket, Thailand before.

I was wondering what is their not to miss in Phuket?? & what would you recommend doing here for the day??

Also is there any private tour company's you would recommend??

Any ideas / suggestions are welcome :)

We've booked a private market tour and Thai cooking class through Easy Day. I haven't used them before, but am impressed with their communication so far and with their TA reviews.

However, we're returning to Phuket for a week post-cruise and will be doing the bulk of our sightseeing then. Having been many years ago, I'm keen to see Phang Nga Bay again by boat, and maybe some snorkelling around Phi Phi Island. Both can get very crowded though, and the latter is a very long day, so choose your operator carefully.

On Phuket itself there isn't a great deal to do during the day other than shop or hang at the beach. Or if you're a foodie, Blue Elephant restaurant is pretty amazing, would be great for lunch.

We've booked a private market tour and Thai cooking class through Easy Day. I haven't used them before, but am impressed with their communication so far and with their TA reviews.

However, we're returning to Phuket for a week post-cruise and will be doing the bulk of our sightseeing then. Having been many years ago, I'm keen to see Phang Nga Bay again by boat, and maybe some snorkelling around Phi Phi Island. Both can get very crowded though, and the latter is a very long day, so choose your operator carefully.

On Phuket itself there isn't a great deal to do during the day other than shop or hang at the beach. Or if you're a foodie, Blue Elephant restaurant is pretty amazing, would be great for lunch.

We did a fantastic roll call private tour by high speec boat to phang nga bay including a sail past James Bond island, canoeing through caves and grottos (very busy here) and lunch at a village on stilts. Everything supplied. Went by 4 mini buses. All the ship tours were cancelled except ours due to weather. Got wet on the way home but added to the fun.

Ship was late but tour operators waited for us.

Most ships now use Deep Water as Patong wharf was destroyed by storm.

Will have to search my files for the operator if you would like same.

Having stayed there at my brothers who has a sailing business I find that there are endless things to do, how long are you there for? Elephant riding, visit the Hugh Golden Buddah, Tiger park, crocodile park, if you have time to spare you can take a trip to James Bond island. There is a tourist night at a complex showing the ladies boys, my brother has a girl friend who deals in tourist aspects so if you wish I can try and oh you in contact directly with her, she's good an very reasonable prices too

Slainte

• 1 month later...