Typical Staff Turnaround

Newbury newbie

How long do the front line staff (like bar staff, waiters etc) tend to work a ship before taking leave? How much leave do they get and do they tend to return to the same ship?

We sailed on the Reflection in the East Med, in August last year. We're returning to the Reflection in March/April for the Caribbean run and was wondering whether it will be mostly the same staff?

Edited by Newbury newbie

How long do the front line staff (like bar staff, waiters etc) tend to work a ship before taking leave? How much leave do they get and do they tend to return to the same ship?

We sailed on the Reflection in the East Med, in August last year. We're returning to the Reflection in March/April for the Caribbean run and was wondering whether it will be mostly the same staff?

��������

From what I understand they are on for at least 6 month contract and off for 2 months. It is not unusual for crew to be sent to a different ship. I would imagine depending on senroity and availability they could return to the same ship.

Contracts are 6months but they are regularly extended to 7 or 8 months.

I seem to remember a couple of cruises ago on the Eclipse the staff advising that they were only being allowed to do 3 contracts on the same ship and then changes around. With vacation times that still extends to 2 years plus so there is a good chance you will recognise a good number of the staff although there will be gaps, a people who tell you that they will be on when you return, are missing.

From our experience of non officer level crew we have kept in touch with it tends to be around 6-9 months at a time with around 2 months off... I'm sure it changes slightly but that's what I've found! As mentioned crew do move around and it's always nice to spot a familiar face at a bar or restaurant... We've even been spotted by crew that have remembered us in the past which is always nice [emoji4]

If you have anyone in particular you are looking for let me know and I'll try to find out on our cruise.. [emoji4]

Edited by MR_T