Booking two rooms on one cruise - Points

Veng

I think myself, wife, two kids (2 & 1 year old), parents, and brother are going to cruise soon. I'm debating booking two interiors one under my wife's name one under my name, each with one kid attached. Due to the current sales, it looks like it's basically the same price to book two rooms as it is one. I can't get adjoining rooms unfortunately, but I could get neighboring rooms. Does it make sense to do this? I'm not sure I'm comfortable leaving the kids alone in that second room, even with a baby monitor. Door cracked in an adjoining room would be a completely different story of course. So the benefits of having it are limited. I'm assuming we would both get 7 days/points to our profiles, not 14 to mine even if I do the booking right?

Thanks!

I think myself, wife, two kids (2 & 1 year old), parents, and brother are going to cruise soon. I'm debating booking two interiors one under my wife's name one under my name, each with one kid attached. Due to the current sales, it looks like it's basically the same price to book two rooms as it is one. I can't get adjoining rooms unfortunately, but I could get neighboring rooms. Does it make sense to do this? I'm not sure I'm comfortable leaving the kids alone in that second room, even with a baby monitor. Door cracked in an adjoining room would be a completely different story of course. So the benefits of having it are limited. I'm assuming we would both get 7 days/points to our profiles, not 14 to mine even if I do the booking right?

Thanks!

You would both get 7 points, along with each of the kids. With regard to points, it does not matter who makes the reservations or pays, it only matters who is booked and cruises in the stateroom.

Edited by clarea

You would both get 7 points, along with each of the kids. With regard to points, it does not matter who makes the reservations or pays, it only matters who is booked and cruises in the stateroom.

That's what I figured. Thanks!

The person who is actually is in the cabin on the cruise gets the cruise credits and not the person booking or even paying for the cruise so on a 7 night cruise in an inside cabin each occupant gets 7 credits but only if one is a member of the Crown and Anchor. So sign up now or onboard if this is your first cruise or if you have not done so after a previous cruise, which can be credited also if you provide C&A with the details.

Keep watching the cabin availability even if you have booked as cabin availability changes all the time even after the final payment date. Connecting cabins with a in between doorway, which is what I believe you meant when you said adjoining rooms, in your category or higher could come up available. ;)

PS-As usual Bob, the Go To Guy, is the first responder. :)

Edited by robtulipe