Best excursion for a 6 and 7 year old in Belize

tcwoah

We are cruising in September of this year on the carnival breeze. We are taking our 6 year old son and our 7 year old nephew. We planned on booking through carnival. Most of the excursions with high reviews are for older kids. Both boys are good swimmers and love to snorkel when we go to the beach.

Does anyone have experience on a good excursion through carnival for kids this age?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree they would enjoy both of those if they were allowed. They do not meet the age requirement for either of those.

Edited by tcwoah

That is the one we are considering. Overall the reviews are good. But reading the bad ones always make me worry. But I think some people will complain no matter what.

I hadn't research Altun Ha ruins with River Wallace yet. But I will go do that now. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

If you'd consider booking with a private company, we did cave tubing last year when my son was 7 (the company with the .bz at the end). He really enjoyed it. It took most of our port time, but I was never concerned we'd miss the ship.

After I posted, I saw the thread about height requirements for cave tubing. That was not in place when we went.

Edited by CascaisCruiser

We just returned from our cruise on Liberty of the Seas. We had a tour with Reggie's Tours in Belize. Allen was our tour guide and he was fabulous. He took us to the Altun Ha Mayan ruins and the Belize Zoo. Both were really great. The boys can climb on the ruins and he was very knowledgable about the history there. The zoo is unlike any I've seen in the states. Beautiful and features animals that all live in Belize. Very unique and animals were all in habitats that look like the wild. We were all very impressed. If you are animal lovers;) then it's a great zoo. My 14 year old son loved it and that age boy is not always easy to please!!;) Check out Reggie's Tours. I would highly recommend Allen as a guide. We had a great day there. Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

The Lamanai tour would be memorable for them. There is a drive through the countryside then you board a speed boat for a 45 -60 minute ride on a river. Expect to see crocodiles and birds. At the park entrance is a colony of howler monkeys in the wild. There are four or five ruins. The tallest has steps and rail to climb to the top. Then you board the boat and the guide drives full throttle back to the start. Usually you get a typical belizean meal which is neat for the kids to try other cultures food and usually Fanta to drink. Back on the van and the driver will return you to the port. There are new height and age restrictions at the cave tubing national park. If they are eligible, that also is a great adventure for them and is unique to Belize. I do not believe that there is shore snorkeling at Belize. Most of the tours go to the Cayes and snorkel. I would not recommend wandering around the port. Not much there for kids to be interested in. It is great that you are building memories with the kids. I am sure you will have a great time whatever you choose.