Question about kids' club on HAL

melissagrf

A couple of things. They have changed the age groups in Club HAL. It is now 3-6 and 7-12. This was done sometime in the past few months between our Christmas cruise and the cruise a couple of weeks ago on the Noordam.

If there are enough for each group, they are pretty strict however the do combine the groups for certain activities. We had issues with different ages in different groups but honestly it is actually for the best. Its not fair to have an older child with the young ones (with the younger programming) and vice versa, the younger doesnt necessarily fit with the older programming. Both our kids are happy to meet others their own ages.

At Christmas there were over 100 kids on board but not a lot who went to Club HAL in the evenings. We found they kept the younger and older groups separate during the days and together in the evenings.

However on our cruise a couple of weeks ago, there were only 4 kids on the ship in total, my 2 (ages 7 and 10) and another 2 (ages 6 and 7). They combined them into one group and were pretty flexible with the planning. They still ran the full program but when there were port days, they just asked us to register in advance if we planned to attend during the day.

Edited by CGYCruisingFamily

A couple of things. They have changed the age groups in Club HAL. It is now 3-6 and 7-12. This was done sometime in the past few months between our Christmas cruise and the cruise a couple of weeks ago on the Noordam.

If there are enough for each group, they are pretty strict however the do combine the groups for certain activities. We had issues with different ages in different groups but honestly it is actually for the best. Its not fair to have an older child with the young ones (with the younger programming) and vice versa, the younger doesnt necessarily fit with the older programming. Both our kids are happy to meet others their own ages.

At Christmas there were over 100 kids on board but not a lot who went to Club HAL in the evenings. We found they kept the younger and older groups separate during the days and together in the evenings.

However on our cruise a couple of weeks ago, there were only 4 kids on the ship in total, my 2 (ages 7 and 10) and another 2 (ages 6 and 7). They combined them into one group and were pretty flexible with the planning. They still ran the full program but when there were port days, they just asked us to register in advance if we planned to attend during the day.

Did your kids enjoy the club? My granddaughters love Royal Caribbean kids club but hated Norwegian.

My son also loved RC (and Celebrity) but hated Norwegian...hoping for the best with HAL next month. With all the science - y stuff, I think he'll have a great time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Did your kids enjoy the club? My granddaughters love Royal Caribbean kids club but hated Norwegian.

We havent done Royal Caribbean with our kids so I can't compare. Our kids love HAL (they are both 2* Mariners fast approaching 3* - with 5 or 6 cruises on HAL each). The program is good and our kids have always been well entertained.

I especially appreciate their port day program as it runs without additional cost vs NCL's which you have to pay for when in port.

When I think back to our last NCL cruise, vs the HAL cruises, the kids club had fewer kids on HAL vs NCL but the overall programs were comparable. Royal would offer more "extreme" activities on board and even NCL has some more too.

Please understand that for my kids, their favourite has been HAL but it might not be for all kids.

If you want, I could post some of the sample activities from our last cruise (I just cant do it rightnow).

Edited by CGYCruisingFamily