PLanning our first cruise from Brisbane

Truebliss72

We being a family of 5 (hubby,myself and 3 children) aged 15 1/2, 11, and 2 1/2 were thinking of going on a cruise shortly. I myself am afraid of sailing but want to overcome this.

If anyone can give us some advice before we book in regards to childrens activities. I know they dont have anything for 2 yrs -11months but do they have babysitting in the evening so hubby and I can have some time to spend enjoying the cruise?

I would appreciate anything that you have to tell us as this seems like a great way to have a family holiday. I am worried about sleeping in the bottom of the boat.lol

Thanks

Anissa:)

There is no babysitting at night. Only the kids club, which, as you said, your youngest can't go to. Perhaps you can "team up" with another family and take turns at having a night out once you are familiar enough with each other. We were lucky enough to go with friends and they gave us a night off and our daughter had a "sleepover".

well we have an overnight booking in whilst we await hubbys leave to be approved and we are going to be on the N534 on November 7th till the 20th. we decided to take the plunge and do the big tour as we are not the full on paryt type with drinking etc so going on the short 3 dayer wouldnt be for us as a family.

we will be flying to sydney the day before to spend time with the family before departure.

so looking forward to it..i hope hubbys leave is approved.

anissa

No there is not any babysitting for under 2 yrs 11 months onboard the Pacific Sun no longer which does make it hard for us but there is not much we can do. We either go and have a great holiday or we just stay home so we will go. Hubby and I can take him anywhere on the ship even at night as they dont have any say really. They dont provide sitters so they have to allow you to take him to every item on regardless. I have checked this with P and O. The other 2 girls are booked into the kids club for 11 yr olds and teens.

Next cruise our son will be 3.

• 2 weeks later...

Anissa

I think it was you that asked if you would be able to take your 2yr old into the child centre to play whilst you suppervised..

I was just reading the kids club information from our cruise in June and it states "children from 12 months and up to 3 years are welcome to participate in the supervised program especially designed for their age group".

Regards

Kazza

Archived