Live on the Liberty

djh

Debbie - thanks for all your efforts to find answers to our (many) questions. I have another for you :roll eyes: The website lists early traditional dining for our March 6th cruise on Liberty as 5:30, but our travel agents are telling us it's at 6:00. Do you know which (if any) is correct?

Again, thanks for taking the time to read and reply to all of us. Hope your cruise is/was spectacular.

Pat

Debbie - thanks for all your efforts to find answers to our (many) questions. I have another for you :roll eyes: The website lists early traditional dining for our March 6th cruise on Liberty as 5:30, but our travel agents are telling us it's at 6:00. Do you know which (if any) is correct?

Again, thanks for taking the time to read and reply to all of us. Hope your cruise is/was spectacular.

Pat

I'm curious too. We switched to MTD because 5:30 is too early.

I'm curious too. We switched to MTD because 5:30 is too early.

Agreed - 5:30 dining is barbaric. 6:00 isn't all that great either, for that matter. But we are supposed to be at a get-together at 5:30 the first night, and need to know if we can go.

Pat

In 12 hours, I will be on the ship. Cause I upgrade to junior suite... got additional $200 on board for total $325. If you do upgrade check luggage tags cause mine were for old room and they didnt update it. So have small issue to deal with when we get in the port

In 12 hours, I will be on the ship. Cause I upgrade to junior suite... got additional $200 on board for total $325. If you do upgrade check luggage tags cause mine were for old room and they didnt update it. So have small issue to deal with when we get in the port

The porters will make luggage tags for you. Just show them the luggage tag image on the last page of your SetSail pass.

Your question about the 5:30 time for early dining hasn't really been answered. That is the correct time. They allow approximately two hours for each seating. Next seating is at 8:00. That gives them about thirty minutes to clear & re-set tables. We've always preferred the early dining time. It gets you out just in time to see the shows. Plus, if you don't stay up until the wee small hours of the morning, you won't be going to bed on a full stomach.

As of now, Carlos says no changes are planned. They did add a couple of tables and chairs so it is a little bit better but I think maybe people just got frustrated and didn't come back. I know my brother in law and wife have given up on the suite lounge because he has had recent knee surgery and is uncomfortable standing for a long time. A couple of nights ago, several of the ships officers were in lounge assessing things and I made a comment to one of them that I hoped they would add more chairs. A man came up behind me and said to the officer, " well, I have no complaints, everything is wonderful!" I just looked at him and said, " Yes, but you have a chair!" Maybe not my finest moment but I just couldn't help it. The extra seating appeared the next day.

Sounds like a very fine moment to me. [emoji3]

Galveston cruises have dining times of 5:30 and 8 pm. We always do 2nd seating and it's funny how just that half hour makes a difference for us. Not crazy about 8:30. I know 5:30 is way early though - sorry guys.

We did MTD which worked great for us on Navigator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Galveston cruises have dining times of 5:30 and 8 pm. We always do 2nd seating and it's funny how just that half hour makes a difference for us. Not crazy about 8:30. I know 5:30 is way early though - sorry guys.

Maybe they should go to 5:45 and 8:15. :)

I'm back! The internet crashed onboard yesterday and I couldn't ever get it back so no report.

Interesting thing about the MTD. We do my time too because 5:30 is way too early for us. In November my time was on 4 and 5. Now it takes up all of the dining room on deck 3. We set the time for 6:30 and were always able to eat and make the 8:30 show.

Other questions

The terminal in Galveston - I asked one of the contract employees at the terminal about the the expected completion of the new terminal and she said, " They are now saying April, but I certainly wouldn't count on it." It appears to be a long way from finished. The tents are still there.

Tidal Wave- They are hoping to get it running this week but are having to continue to make adjustments because it is considered too dangerous, ( the activity staff members words, not mine).

Computer problems- the whole week, room service on the interactive tv did not work, computers in different depts on the ship were going down, and last night the computers in the photo dept were not linking up to the monitors where you could order the pics. Some passengers were standing in line for 30 minutes only to find out that they could not get pics because it was all done digitally and they couldn't print them. No pics out to look at and buy. We tried to find ours linked to our card and found none so we gave up. We don't buy the photos anyway, just get the free 8 x10 from C&A, so it wasn't a big deal.

All in all, a good cruise but not a great one. If I can figure out how to post pics I will certainly do so. Thanks for following. If I can answer anymore questions, I will be happy to do so.

Debbie you can upload your pics for free to Photobucket and then post the IMG link to here.

Did they give passengers and onboard credit for not having everything up and running as it should?

Thanks again for all the info you have provided and welcome home.

I will be in suite 1556 in May, so I am very interested in the suite lounge, how it was departing the ship, I have not made reservations for the speciality restraints thus far hoping the concerige will assist, wanting to look at the menus first. How was the shows, in your opinion is the suite worth the price on this ship? Anything u want to share I would really appreciate. Any new suite perks?

Thank u, Janet Rae

Janet,

That happened to be the cabin my BIL and his wife were staying in. Good location, close to forward elevators which had a tendency to be much less crowded than the aft ones. Suite lounge was nice, and will be nicer once they get more seating and finish the outdoor seating. Outdoor furniture was supposed to arrive today, but when I peeked out there, they were still sanding the decks. No need to pre-book specialty restaurants, Carlos will take care of it and you should have priority being a suite guest. Shows were hit and miss, but do not miss Saturday Night Fever. It was as good as some shows I've seen on Broadway.

Big question- are suites worth the money? Ok, I'm going to try to answer this without going into a rant. They are to my husband and me, but only because we like the space the suites have. I honestly believe suite perks are actually diminishing rather than expanding. Less perks than in November, one little reception with junior officers. No suite lunch with officers, no greeting from hotel director or staff and no daily phone messages from the concierge or anybody else. An occasional cheese plate or a couple of strawberries from room service, but that was hit and miss. My BIL only received the hors dourves once but we received them twice. Do not book a suite for the perks, they are lacking. Go to Celebrity ( or some other line) if you expect suite service and perks. We had far more perks as diamond plus members than we had as suite guests. BTW, does anybody know the corporate email address?

We did have a good time, I just still am not as impressed with this ship as I have been with Navigator..... or Mariner. I hope I have answered most of your questions. Debbie

I board next Sunday! So formal nights are Monday and Thursday and what night was Saturday Night Fever? Do you remember what the menu order was?

Sorry the cruise wasn't perfect but thanks for the updates!

You know, cruises are never perfect but I believe they are what you make them. We had a good time. SNF was day 3 (Tuesday) 5:45 and 8:30. Early show is much less crowded than the late show. Im sorry, I'm not sure I understand your question about the menu order.