Positive Feedback about X Alaska Cruise from a friend who was on Carnival!

Aussie Cruisers

Spoke with a friend last week who went on a cruise (her first) last year. I was telling her about DW's and my cruise in January on the Infinity. She was in Alaska and went for a walk after dinner and looked up to see the Northern Lights. She was enjoying them, but thinking "Why are all these lights on because we can't see them very well?" She was also thinking "Why are we the only people out here enjoying this wonderful sight?" She then looked out across the water to see a Celebrity ship that had turned off all the lights (I assume she meant in the public areas - but previous cruisers will have to fill in the blanks here) and she could see that there were people on the deck. She then went on to say that she wished Carnival had planned things better, and at least told people about it as she would have liked to enjoy them a little earlier.

Well, was she impressed with X! She wished that Carnival had done that small thing as coming from Australia we don't have anything like the Northen Lights down here (well, we have the Southern Cross which is nice). I then filled her in on what I have learned from these boards, and that next time she needs to book with X.

Well, she then told me that she and her hubby were going to!

So - isn't is great that even when people are NOT onboard, they get to see the difference in treatment?

Thought you would all enjoy that small story.

Aussie Cruisers :)

Thanks Flashdog - she is pretty jealous that Katy and I are off to the Caribbean in January. I think she will be booking soon but is not sure about her holidays.

Maybe others could also put their positive feedback on here too. Let Katy and I know what we are in for in a few months!! :)

Mark.

After reading this, i'm pretty upset. We were on the 9/3 Infinity Alaska cruise and northern lights were visible one evening. The lights on the deck of the ship were NOT turned off and it would have been wonderful if they had been. They were only seen by the passengers that just happened to be on deck and those that heard about the lights from other passengers. There was no announcment, and no attempt to make viewing the lights better, so consider yourselves lucky indeed. We are from Florida and never get to see lights here, seeing them better would have made our cruise extra special.

Oh boy.. it seems as though I have opened a can of worms! :D

I am only going on what she said on her cruise, so I assumed it was an X policy. Maybe it was on that particular cruise. I hope I have not made anyone feel bad, I just wanted to say some positive things about X as lately there have been some people with a lot of negative feedback. :eek:

Well I guess it was nice for the people on that particular cruise! :rolleyes:

Archived