Help with Deck Two Navigator

akowilm

Taking my 9th cruise in April; my second on RCCL and my very first oceanview cabin! My other 7 cruises have been with Celebrity in a concierge class, Aqua class or suite, all on the higher decks with balconies.

We chose Deck 2 after discussing what was more important, size and location of cabin, or lots of fun money to play with! The small cabin below won out, especially when we just returned for 7 nights on the Reflection with a balcony and spent maybe 1 hour there the whole week:confused:??

I did, however, spend some time on Deck 3 last week on Reflection, and the proxmity of the window to the ocean rushing by kind of freaked me out!!

Anyone have any recent photos of Deck 2 cabins on Navigator to share, preferably showing a window while at sea??

I may have to spend the week up at the pool bar;)!!

Edited by akowilm

We had a deck 2 stateroom on Explorer (sister ship to Navigator) a couple of years ago. No photos, but I expected us to be right down on the water, and was a bit surprised that we weren't that low.

Oh good! Thanks for that! Another option was a promenade cabin. Have you had an experience with those?

I would much rather have an oceanview on deck 2 than a Promenade stateroom. I value the natural light and privacy on the OV staterooms.

However, if you enjoy watching people on the Royal Promenade, then you might be able to save some money with a PR stateroom.

Taking my 9th cruise in April; my second on RCCL and my very first oceanview cabin! My other 7 cruises have been with Celebrity in a concierge class, Aqua class or suite, all on the higher decks with balconies.

We chose Deck 2 after discussing what was more important, size and location of cabin, or lots of fun money to play with! The small cabin below won out, especially when we just returned for 7 nights on the Reflection with a balcony and spent maybe 1 hour there the whole week:confused:??

I did, however, spend some time on Deck 3 last week on Reflection, and the proxmity of the window to the ocean rushing by kind of freaked me out!!

Anyone have any recent photos of Deck 2 cabins on Navigator to share, preferably showing a window while at sea??

I may have to spend the week up at the pool bar;)!!

Here is the view from 2564 (Ocean View) on the Navigator back in September 2015. Great views, but the room seemed really small and the location was very inconvenient. Deck two does not go all the way from forward to aft, so to go from one end of the ship to the other you have to go up to another floor, and then across. Didn't seem like a big deal at first, but ended up being a pain.

DSC02990.jpg

DSC02994.jpg