Escape - Dinning

USFSU11

Is it necessary to make reservations at the specialty restaurants? I just noticed that you can make dinner reservations prior to the cruise but the steak house restaurant isn't showing up on any day. Thanks.

Only 1/3 of reservations are online. Once you get on board you can book, or not. Aside from maybe one or two dinners we wanted with our kids so we prebooked, my husband and I always wing it and have never been turned down at a specialty restaurant.

I just want to make certain you understand that if you don't have one of the dining packages (regardless of pre-booking the dates/times or not), then you would have to pay the a-la-carte prices - and that might be a veeeeery expensive experience.

But I am guessing that you have the promo dining package and just wonder about pre-booking tables in the restaurant or not. And if you can be a little flexible regarding dinner times then booking once on board shouldn't be a problem. :)

Edited by TrumpyNor

Thank you all. Just to make sure I understand this correctly.... you can use the speciality dinning package for Food Republic and Margaritaville?

According to the FAQ on ncl.com the answer is yes for Margaritaville on board the Escape. It doesn't mention anything about Food Republic though:

https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq

Is it necessary to make reservations at the specialty restaurants? I just noticed that you can make dinner reservations prior to the cruise but the steak house restaurant isn't showing up on any day. Thanks.

Yes. Reservations open 90 days before cruise date (100 days for Havens guest). Recently, no reservations means "sold out", but you can try and go stand-by at wait for a table once on board. Cagney's sells out during prime time very quickly.