Allure: MDR, Noise for someone w/hearing aids

Getting ready to pull the trigger and book today! Taking parents (88 years old) on Allure. Will do AnyTime Dining (all that is available). My Dad wears two hearing aids, and on some prior cruises he has problems with noise in the MDR. I guess we will be on the lowest level in the MDR since we are AnyTime dining, and I will ask for tables in quiet areas, but no guarantee of course.

Any thoughts on the noise level in the Allure's MDR, ground floor, and coping strategies for AnyTime dinners. Thanks.

All the dining rooms are loud no matter which floor you are on. Or which section. He will either need to turn them all the way down/off or if he has the uber fancy ones like my husband, narrow the directional focus to the tightest bandwidth.

Getting ready to pull the trigger and book today! Taking parents (88 years old) on Allure. Will do AnyTime Dining (all that is available). My Dad wears two hearing aids, and on some prior cruises he has problems with noise in the MDR. I guess we will be on the lowest level in the MDR since we are AnyTime dining, and I will ask for tables in quiet areas, but no guarantee of course.

Any thoughts on the noise level in the Allure's MDR, ground floor, and coping strategies for AnyTime dinners. Thanks.

I agree with you, the sound level in the MDR can be deafening at times. We've noticed that it's a bit better off to the sides, near the windows. Also, surprisingly, WIndjammer is much quieter.

I've worn hearing aids up until about 22 or 23 years old, and since then I've had a cochlear implant. I'm now capable of hearing in a noisy environment better than puny humans! As others have said, there's all kinds of noises on a cruise ship. If it's not the people in the ship, it's the loud announcements, the wind on the deck, something... There are plenty of quiet spots on the ship, and the extremely loud areas are usually confined to certain areas. It's never detracted from my vacation, and it's not that difficult to hear enough to know what's going on. Can he read lips? Most hearing impaired people do so very well. I wouldn't be too concerned with it. He'll be just fine.

That's very awesome. Also, this just hit me - as a hearing impaired person, where I'm sitting matters. Sitting in a corner is more difficult because all the noise converges in the corner in addition to the echoes. For me, I like sitting close to the middle of the room, closer to the back than the front.

OP: I am looking at buying before the cruise a 3 or 4 night dining package for all four of us....and telling my folks it was a freebie from the TA.