Izmir dropped?

letsgo39

At least what I've seen it's very small ships that go there.

True and they may have to come up with someplace totally different for Vista even if it's a sea day, but this itinerary change with HAL's Prinsendam is the first card that Carnival Corp. has shown as far as the "Turkey topic" goes. I think it does show that they are concerned at this point. Lets see what happens going forward. One of the wonderful things about cruising is that the powers that be are able to make quick changes to itineraries in order to keep everyone safe.

True and they may have to come up with someplace totally different for Vista even if it's a sea day, but this itinerary change with HAL's Prinsendam is the first card that Carnival Corp. has shown as far as the "Turkey topic" goes. I think it does show that they are concerned at this point. Lets see what happens going forward. One of the wonderful things about cruising is that the powers that be are able to make quick changes to itineraries in order to keep everyone safe.

Back in Aug/Sept. when there were lots of issues in Turkey- some cruise lines were canceling their stops in Turkey while others were not. My co-worker did go to her port of call- which was Kusadasi. At that time, mostly over nights were canceled and they would go into the port for the day only. I believe Celebrity was the line that canceled the most stops in Turkey during this time. There were no issues and my co-worker did go to Ephesus and had a great day. She said everyone was a bit more aware of what could happen, and some chose not to go into port for the day. Most of the cancellations were one specific week/or cruise at a time and not a complete "cancellation of ALL stops in Turkey" until further notice. I hope this is the case with the Vista.... I am on the May 24th sailing and still would love to be able to go to Turkey.

This is the first time, like someone else said, Carnival has shown some hint of their future intentions IMO. They aren't going to want to be doing this on the fly with every Vista sailing.

I have a feeling we will know something in next couple of weeks. At least for the May-July sailings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is the first time, like someone else said, Carnival has shown some hint of their future intentions IMO.....

Ok. I think I missed something that may have been alluded to. What's this source as to a possible hint of what Carnival is thinking about in regards to Vista's upcoming visits to Izmir.

I've look at the Vista FB page and on carnival.com. Nada yet.

Thanks

Ok. I think I missed something that may have been alluded to. What's this source as to a possible hint of what Carnival is thinking about in regards to Vista's upcoming visits to Izmir.

Thanks

Carnival is the parent company for HAL.

Thanks

HAL, which is under the Carnival umbrella, is altering its routes.

Although the altered port was Istanbul - not Izmir.

HAL, which is under the Carnival umbrella, is altering its routes.

Although the altered port was Istanbul - not Izmir.

Although, I believe they should have an Izmir/Kusadasi call coming up. So, that's what we are waiting to hear about.

Although, I believe they should have an Izmir/Kusadasi call coming up. So, that's what we are waiting to hear about.

I think that port is scheduled for tomorrow.

Thanks for posting this. I started reading this paper just now and it's scary and sad. I read about an 11 year old girl being forced to marry a 14 year old boy and other similar stories. I knew these situations existed obviously but reading it from a Turkish paper made it a lot more 'real'. It's sad.

Didnt you say earlier not to fed the troll?

from what I can see they are not trolling. they are raising for us all an issue of concern that I don't think any of us is not in some way feeling. Technically, it might be better to start another thread, but who cares? A lot of what gets posted is "off topic" at times.

As for actual concern, maybe less on your part,maybe more on someone else's. But what they are asking is legitimate, and factually accurate. There are in fact thousands of refugees in the Athens Port; the EU hasn't yet decided what to do, and there have been some incidents. Asking about extra security or if the cruiseline is doing anything differently is reasonable. And just yesterday, a group of possible terrorists were grabbed in Izmir province. Other cruises have cancelled going in.

If you don't care, or feel safe, that's fine. If someone else doesn't, they can express that and I am sure they are not alone. Information is power.

These boards are more than who's meeting up for drinks and where.

and maybe the trollers are the ones saying "go away'...

Word from someone on the HAL forum is that Prinsendam is headed for Lesbos. No update from the friend of the passenger onboard yet. Still tracking. They docked in Istanbul for around 5 hours or so, then left. They are currently at sea.

The Prisendam is scheduled for Izmir on the 4th.Be interesting to see if they dock there. They had to dock at Istanbul due to crew leaving and coming aboard.Right now they are headed for a greek island but I don't remember which one.

Since the ship did port in Istanbul for a few hours, wouldn't that have handled the VAT issue, even though they were not allowed to go ashore? Also, still waiting to see if they're going to Izmir or not. Right now just tracking to see if they make it to Lesbos, which is where I'm "hearing" they are headed.

Since the ship did port in Istanbul for a few hours, wouldn't that have handled the VAT issue, even though they were not allowed to go ashore? Also, still waiting to see if they're going to Izmir or not. Right now just tracking to see if they make it to Lesbos, which is where I'm "hearing" they are headed.

Odessa, Ukraine is the destination according to Marine Traffic.