airports & getting to LA pier for Vision

tyson

Do you have any preferences among the various airports around the LA pier--LAX, John Wayne/Orange County, Long Beach? What are your experiences getting from the various airports to the pier? Do you know taxi or shuttle prices? We would be going straight from the airport to the pier. Thanks for any insights you can share!

The closest airport is Long Beach, around 12-15 miles and will take around 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic. On Sundays, it is not as bad as week days. LAX is 20-25 miles away and can take anywhere from 30 minutes to over an hour, again depending on traffic. Orange County (SNA) is around 40 miles away and usually takes an hour or so.

If I had a choice, I think Long Beach is ideal. It's a smaller, regional airport with a more old-fashioned ambience, much less crowded than the other two. I think I've seen posted people can get a cab to the port (or back) for around $25. Cabs are plentiful both at the airport and cruise port when you return.

Do you have any preferences among the various airports around the LA pier--LAX, John Wayne/Orange County, Long Beach? What are your experiences getting from the various airports to the pier? Do you know taxi or shuttle prices? We would be going straight from the airport to the pier. Thanks for any insights you can share!

I landed at LAX took supershuttle to San Pedro cost was $36.00 for 2 people, took cab back cost was $40.50

many people will say to fly into Long Beach I would have to second that it is only about 10 miles away and less crouded.

I used LAX just because southwest was running a special of $78.00 roundtrip at the time (Sacramento to Lax).

Bob

Karen, I absolutely hate it when people get ripped off like this, I know it's happened to me before, too (not here, but other areas I'm not familiar with).

Here is a link to the port website, showing driving directions, perhaps this will save anyone else from having this happen to them. Long Beach to San Pedro is only about 7 miles or so. Was there a lot of traffic when you travelled? Was the charge so high because of extra time from traffic?

http://www.sanpedro.com/spcom/crusshp.htm

We noticed that the meter on our cab (from LGB to the Pier) said $28 and some change but since it was a set fare of $22 that is what we were charged. Of course, that does not include tip.

We are flying into LAX for our next cruise as the price and times were better than LGB.

If flight times and prices are right..go with LGB. It takes a lot of stress out of flying.

Archived