Lunch At Sabatinis

surmy555

I understand they serve lunch at this alternative resturant. Is it the same $20 charge and the same menu...or do they do something diferrent. From what I read regarding the amount of food they serve you I'm not sure I could eat that size lunch and still do dinner justice

That's a good question. I would like to know that too. What about the Sterling Steakhouse for lunch? Anyone? I am asking for the Caribbean Princess

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2003;5;11;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Norway 5/11

From what I understand, the cost is the same. The menu is probably different, I don't recall. It does include mimosas or some alcoholic morning drinks like Bloody Marys, etc. In the evening, wine is extra. And brunch/lunch is only served on sea days.

This could have changed, as I am going from memory from 2002 on the Grand.

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001
Grand Princess, Western,April 2002
Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

thanks,
that is something to consider looking into further.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2003;5;11;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Norway 5/11

Again..I am first time cruiser for Caribbean Princess. We often eat heavier at lunch than dinner. (don't ask why...just a nice change.. I guess). So a high end lunch would be "right up our alley". Can anyone give us a clue here?...If the menu is the same it would make more sense for us to reserve for lunch. Thanks for any insight you can give.

At Sabbatini's lunch is open only on sea days.
They used to have a separate menu for lunch which included champagne. On my last 2 cruises the Lunch menu is the same as dinner.

Grand Princess 4/14/02
Star Princess 9/21/02
Coral Princess Inaugural 01/03/03
Grand Princess 11/02/03
Golden Princess 1/17/04
Island Princess 1/25/04

I would definitely recommend Sabatini's for lunch especially if you usually have a larger lunch. We enjoyed ourselves so much. It wasn't crowded at all. The champagne, etc. will flow as much as you want it to. We are going on the Star in a couple of weeks. My husband will not stop talking about the smoked pork chop entree that he intends to eat. I don't remember if the cost was the same at lunch and dinner but it was worth it either way.

Star Princess, Mediterranean, May 2004
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;16;13;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]

Star Princess, Mexican Riviera, December 2002
RCL Vision of the Sea, Hawaii, May 2001
Golden Princess, Eastern Caribbean, November 2001
Grand Princess, Transatlantic/Mediterranean, May 2000
NCL Majesty, Bahamas, February 2000
Carnival Tropicale, Western Caribbean, April 1999
Carnival Sensation, Eastern Caribbean, February 1998
Carnival Fantasy, Bahamas, November 1992
Carnival Holiday, Western Caribbean, February 1992

I would think it would be more enjoyable for lunch. We did dinner, and it takes 2 1/2 hours to finish, then you are so stuffed and ready for bed. At lunch you'll have time to "work it off" or at least digest before retiring. And you won't miss any of the evening's entertainment. I think the production shows are spectacular! and always enjoy them. The show goes on no matter how much the ship is rocking & rolling, which was considerable on the Regal this last cruise.

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001
Grand Princess, Western,April 2002
Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

Does it always take 2 1/2 hours for dinner there?

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;22;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until we sail again
Caribbean Princess - May 22, 2004
Rhapsody of the Seas - 2003

They no longer have the brunch menu, so there are no more free drinks or at least they didn't last time we were there.
I loved the brunch menu and wish it was back, and the smoked pork was excellent -- but not available.
I was disappointed as I thought the brunch was the best.

Oh my gosh....my DH will be crushed to hear about the smoked pork. I better let him know now so he has 2 weeks to get over it before we go. I'm only kidding a little bit...the brunch experience was so fantastic that it's one of the reason's we picked the ship again.

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I am not a huge fan of Sabatini's.

We ate dinner there on the Golden back in Sep 02, the trip with the two big Atlantic storms, and found that there was far too much food, albeit good, for our small appetites.

This past November, we were invited to Sabatini's for brunch, for the Captain's Do for most travelled (with Princess) passengers. Again, the food was good, but far too much.

On the other hand, I am a big fan of Sterling Steakhouse - we found they had excellent beef.

Michael

Archived