Bit of a Blog : Solstice : Auckland – Fremantle – Sydney : February 14th 2016

NorbertsNiece

I went out for an early walk and wish I had a better camera to capture the colours of the distant scenery. It's windy out.

DSCN6925.jpg

DSCN6926.jpg

DSCN6927.jpg

They rescheduled events..... this is going to be a 'How to cook the perfect steak' demo.

DSCN6928.jpg

When I see we have entered Dusky Sound I head up..... invitees only on the helipad at this time.

DSCN6930.jpg

DSCN6931.jpg

We make a slow 'U' turn

DSCN7015.jpg

DSCN7017.jpg

My apologies but at this point in the proceedings I leave my hosts; we are all due for dinner elsewhere...... I manage to get a portside window table in the MDR unfortunately the windows are really badly coated in who knows what.

The pilot

DSCN7020.jpg

DSCN7028.jpg

DSCN7032.jpg

DSCN7033.jpg

..................snip....................

The Nurses Walk and Suez Canal are part of the area known as The Rocks. I have been known to take O/S visitors on a history tour of Circular Quay' date=' The Rocks and Dawes Point - just as well I hadn't planned on doing that with you :D

We had our daughter's wedding reception on the roof of the MCA after the ceremony on Observatory Hill - pretty specky - shall I bore you with the pics when we meet? :)

Keep up the great work. So very much enjoying all your posts. Enjoy Melbourne tomorrow! Can't wait to hear what you do there :)[/quote']

I wouldn't mind where you take me to be honest, I know it will be fun wherever!!

Melbourne : I've been in touch with a childhood friend and hopefully we'll get to meet up..... I plan on the HOHO and time at the Queen Victoria Market....

many thanks for all your efforts in posting this blog.

brings back memories of our Solstice trip in Nov 2015 to the South Pacific.

we enjoyed the food in the MDR and those hamburgers and hot dogs at the Mast Grill were worth the wait in the queue...

Lentil and cucumber salad

DSCN7054.jpg

Very calm waters

DSCN7055.jpg

Another example of signage..... this is useful to me to work out which way is forward / aft.....

DSCN7056.jpg

Different organised groups use the Team Earth area

DSCN7057.jpg

I head up to the Lawn Club..... want to catch a Hot Glass Show

DSCN7059.jpg

DSCN7060.jpg

Enjoying your blog so much especially since we will be doing Sydney to Auckland next Feb.

It would be great if at the end you could list all your excursions and who who took them with

( i.e., name of company or with Celebrity).

What was the hot drink you pictured while on the helipad? Looks wonderful! Thanks.

Enjoying your blog so much especially since we will be doing Sydney to Auckland next Feb.

It would be great if at the end you could list all your excursions and who who took them with

( i.e., name of company or with Celebrity).

What was the hot drink you pictured while on the helipad? Looks wonderful! Thanks.

After each excursion I'm posting the company and am happy to make list at the very end. Am only taking two excursions with Celebrity : Cairns and Airlie Beach.

That's a Vienna coffee from Cafe al Bacio. I understand the people who were invited to the helipad for Dusky Sound were treated to hot chocolate. When I went there was nothing.

---------------------

Am still uploading Sydney..... Seems I have rather a lot of pics of the Opera House.....

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Really enjoying travelling along with you. THANK YOU for the pics of the Anne Klen watches - I spy a couple that I want, if the prices are good, I might just get them both when we're on in April :p Is is worth waiting till they put them on sale - i.e. is it a real sale with a good percentage off?

Enjoy your day in Melbourne tomorrow - it's going to be a lovely mild day, 22 and sunny. I'm coming down to the Port for an afternoon walk and a look at the ship. Queen Vic market will be great for all your souvenirs and presents. And remember, all trams in the city centre are free (once you get into the city that is).

Edited by Cassicruiser

DSCN7006.jpg

Miford Sound ends in a bay..... the other two we sailed a passage..... this one we are leaving the way we entered. Fellow passengers have been ashore overnight and are reboarding here.

I wondered if you would see the Real Journeys ship as you were in the sounds at a different time to both of our previous trips.

Our very first trip to NZ we spent an overnight on one of these boats - 70 passengers overnight on Doubtful Sound - the most memorable couple of days we have ever spent anywhere.

So glad you had some sunshine heading into Milford. It's only short but very pretty. Such great examples of hanging valleys.

Really enjoying travelling along with you. THANK YOU for the pics of the Anne Klen watches - I spy a couple that I want, if the prices are good, I might just get them both when we're on in April :p Is is worth waiting till they put them on sale - i.e. is it a real sale with a good percentage off?

Enjoy your day in Melbourne tomorrow - it's going to be a lovely mild day, 22 and sunny. I'm coming down to the Port for an afternoon walk and a look at the ship. Queen Vic market will be great for all your souvenirs and presents. And remember, all trams in the city centre are free (once you get into the city that is).

Honestly, I am the last person you should be asking advice from with regards to the price of a watch and its value. Not a clue.