Bit of a Blog : Solstice : Auckland – Fremantle – Sydney : February 14th 2016

NorbertsNiece

Here's that pic of me on the beach at Bondi. I've been told I look like : Cool Hand Linda, Lindiana Jones and 'you should crop your toes out at the bottom, ruins the mental imagine of cowboy boots and chaps!'..... and now there are memes of me out there. I must have been really bad in a past life. I'm holding my TOMs in my left hand. Not a Smith & Wesson ok?

DSCN7289.jpg

They have a (not cheap) table service restaurant there but you can get a free day membership to the club and dine in their Bistro instead

GF Barramundi

DSCN7303.jpg

It was crowded so didn't get a seat on the terrace

DSCN7304.jpg

I decided to take a bus back to the ferry..... could have bussed there from Circular Quay, Sydney and Watson's Bay too.....

DSCN7306.jpg

DSCN7308.jpg

DSCN7309.jpg

The bus stop's at the park right across from the ferry.....

DSCN7310.jpg

This GF Bisque was delicious

DSCN7424.jpg

I asked for them to prepare the chicken GF for me. Was dry and I asked for more gravy.

DSCN7425.jpg

I interrupted my dinner. Having sat next to a window deliberately so I can catch Explorer of the Seas sail away.

DSCN7427.jpg

DSCN7431.jpg

As she passed us by we could hear their sail away party in full swing.

DSCN7439.jpg

DSCN7437.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Captain Yannis Berdos is the Master. I've just been watching his talk on the TV that was recorded post-Sydney. Captain's Club host is Rose Dalisay and Michael's Club concierge is Jole Jacoby.

Thank you for that, we do remember Rose!

Loved looking at your pictures of Sydney. When we return in a couple of weeks my priority is to just sit on my hotel balcony and watch all the movement in Circular Quay....magical! Will also be setting my alarm early to watch Solstice come into port.

I bought these finger puppets..... you have to identify them in the correct order to win my undying gratitude for having read this far.

DSCN7415.jpg

Hi Linda

I have no idea who these little guys are but I'm still following along and loving every photo and anecdote :)

Thanks for sharing your trip on here and Facebook

Carol

Evening MDR menus are now being recycled. Becoming difficult for me to choose something different to eat. Had my phone with me at dinner as my watch is battery less so it's my time piece. Also sitting on my ownsome as all I seem to have done today is talk to folks and while that's lovely alone is nice sometimes. Only the man at the next table was discussing his surgeries. And you can't move between tables that's how close they are. Oy. Thank goodness for my glass of red from the Elite gathering.

Here's what I'm doing tomorrow in Adelaide :

We are going to drive via North Adelaide and Adelaide CBD to see City highlights ( Adelaide Oval, North Terrace, Victoria Square, China Town, etc) then drive to Mt Lofty lookout, 710m high and have about 100 km long view over Adelaide and suburbs.

After 15 min stop here we will go to historic Hahndorf, German Village for few hours visit and possible lunch then fit in a trip to Cleland Wildlife Park at Crafers to get close to koalas. This has been organised by some wonderful CC friends.

Back to wine menus.