Bit of a Blog : Solstice : Auckland – Fremantle – Sydney : February 14th 2016

NorbertsNiece

Would not be a blogger worth my salt if I didn't report live from an event.

The Australian Beatles.

Vocally not bad. Paul is left handed. Always has been. Someone should tell them.

They were good.... the guy singing Paul did most of the work (and all of the talking) to be honest; musically sound; Ringo had a better voice than his namesake; I ended up dancing the twist at the back of the theatre with AJ, one of the production dancers young enough to be my son.... he said his grandmother had shown him how..... oy. And I was sober and lasted a whole show.

/makes the strike one sign

Received a letter with regards to the meeting for those on B2B to be held on the next sea day. Nothing new for me but if you have questions regarding how this is managed do ask. I was previously aware that Bali/Indonesia authorities will be charging $35 for their visa which will be applied on board. My passport has to be handed over after tomorrow and it will only be returned after Bali. So much for needing photo ID ashore then in Fremantle. What if one doesn't have a driving licence with?

Thanks again for all the pictures Linda. BTW your three photos in the museum are great examples of why I tend to avoid contemporary art museums. :p :D

We were berthed early this morning so another sail in missed.

And that's why I walked through the museum, out the other side and on my own walkabout. ;)

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. It's taken me 3 days of downtime but I'm finally up to speed and loving every minute [emoji5]

I don't think anyone's responded yet so I will! The laundry bag on Royal is $30 but it may be a smaller size.

Looking forward to the next leg, so enjoying travelling with you!

I have really enjoyed reading how your cruise is going. Fantastic pictures too.

I will be sailing on the Solstice on 9th April out of Sydney. It will be our first cruise with Celebrity.

Is there a charge for eating in the Aqua Spa?

I am also wondering how much the Non-alcohol Beverage package is?

Enjoy the rest of your cruise! :)

Thanks for all your encouragement everyone. Really spurs me on.

Currently sat in a German Inn with a serving of bratwurst and sauerkraut, in a German town with an accordion player playing waltzes written by an Austrian. With a diet coke....

Fabulous weather. Lovely day.

-----

Aqua Spa

Some of the yogurts and all the smoothies come at a charge but the smoothies are included in the premium non alcohol drink package. I paid for that on board and will get back to you with price when I get back to my room. The food is included in your cruise fare.

Pic of Aqua Spa prices are somewhere in this blog I think. Try a search.... I may have labelled them.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Possibly Monet and Beethoven for two of the others. Still pondering the first one.

Ps. Thank you for a great review. Going on my first cruise next year and can't read up enough while I'm waiting [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I bought these finger puppets..... you have to identify them in the correct order to win my undying gratitude for having read this far.

DSCN7415.jpg

Teamwork prevailed!!

Da Vinci, Monet, Shakespeare and Beethoven.

Good job guys!!

---------

Could use one of those booths on board that repair smashed mobile phone screens. Just saying.

I'm still not able to download the .pdf from this day and want to post them consecutively so will wait until I can. May have to wait until I get to the hotel at Sydney..... I do try daily but life's too short right?

There's not a whole lot to share from this day but here's what I have

DSCN7455.jpg

Lunch in Oceanview

DSCN7456.jpg

I sat blogging for a while in Cafe al Bacio..... I didn't realise that the music I was listening to was actually being played live behind me.... I'd registered applause in the back of my head but assumed this was from downstairs in the foyer.... there's live music often there..... and sometimes it's a guest playing..... more about that later....

DSCN7458.jpg

A non alcohol Watermelon thing..... refreshing

DSCN7459.jpg

DSCN7460.jpg

DSCN7461.jpg

DSCN7467.jpg

DSCN7468.jpg

You've already seen the pics from the webcam

DSCN7469.jpg

Oceania Marina is already berthed....

DSCN7470.jpg

.....as is the New Tasmania (otherwise known as the Spirit of Tasmania) which carries passengers and vehicles from Melbourne to Devonport, Tasmania twice daily, a 9 hour trip.

DSCN7471.jpg

We are flying the Maltese flag, Solstice is registered in Valletta.

DSCN7474.jpg

DSCN7475.jpg

Getting local tickets is easy

DSCN7476.jpg

DSCN7477.jpg

DSCN7478.jpg

We had been put off the Myki ticket system as there would be horrendous queues. Seriously? How bad does this look?

DSCN7479.jpg

DSCN7480.jpg

There are also some souvenir stands however they are badly located up here as after a day out who has the energy to go back up and shop there?

The first Hoho of the day is waiting on the other side of the harbour gates

DSCN7481.jpg

Will post a selection of pics from the top deck.... obviously prone to heavy sun and a depleted, if any, ozone layer, there is a cover to the bus so pics will be taken awkwardly..... bear with me. I've attached the route map; The pier is on the black route and we were expecting to have to change buses at Federation Square. This bus actually turned into the Red Route so all good. There was very heavy traffic and the ride took 2 hours to reach the Queen Victoria Market where I dismounted. To return to the pier the Black Route is taken. The same $25 ticket is good for the whole day and both routes can be experienced on the one ticket.

DSCN7483.jpg

DSCN7484.jpg

The National Gallery of Victoria

DSCN7486.jpg

DSCN7488.jpg

DSCN7489.jpg

The narration was very clear and quite unique in its cheerfulness. No need for earpieces.

Hoho map.pdf