Bit of a Blog : Solstice : Auckland – Fremantle – Sydney : February 14th 2016

NorbertsNiece

I've replied to the email I received back in September saying no food or drink would be provided and attached copies of the menu from the train. I'll let you know if I get a response.

Back here..... clearly signed how to get to the Skyrail..... there is no need at all to get on a coach to be driven to the other side of the village as it's walkable. We could have been given our Skyrail tickets at this time.

DSCN9333.jpg

DSCN9334.jpg

DSCN9336.jpg

DSCN9337.jpg

DSCN9341.jpg

DSCN9345.jpg

Loving everything you post, thanks so much for sharing your adventure.

I love doing this. It's a pleasure. Thanks for your support.

DSCN9405.jpg

DSCN9406.jpg

I'd been sat in the Library, nice and quiet like, until a guest with the most hacking cough sat nearby. I want down a deck..... and the Capt flew by too fast to capture!!

DSCN9407.jpg

DSCN9408.jpg

DSCN9409.jpg

DSCN9410.jpg

Still following along and loving every minute[emoji4]. Please do take care of yourself in Brisbane tomorrow. Not a great forecast but you'll still feel the heat.

Thank you for all of the time you have put into this blog.

I've got my fingers crossed for you that you will have a good day in Brisbane tomorrow - just ignore the ugly sights at the grain terminal.

Still following along and loving every minute[emoji4]. Please do take care of yourself in Brisbane tomorrow. Not a great forecast but you'll still feel the heat.

Thank you for all of the time you have put into this blog.

Brisbane..... Fishermans Island Grain Terminal....

Brisbane%20wharf.jpg

Topic of much conversation on the roll call..... there's a bunch of us taking a boat to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and we're going to meet pre-disembarking Solstice to figure out how to get there.... Celebrity have a shuttle running that starts at 0830 but boarding for the boat ride starts at 0930 to depart at 1000. Literally just took a call from the people I'm possibly sharing a cab with tomorrow to discuss the logistics. The ride to town from the terminal is 45-60 minutes..... The pontoon for the Mirimar Cruises boat is across the bridge from where the shuttle drops off.

We are joining Solstice when she reaches Sydney, can you tell me if Vegemite is readily available in the buffet for breakfast or does hubby need to bring his own? Thanks.

I knew there was something I'd forgotten..... Yes, vegemite is available on board in little containers.

--------

Spent this morning in the Solarium for an early swim then read and napped.

This afternoon there's the 'Elegant Tea' for Elite and above but I've a choir rehearsal at the same time.... and I missed the last one on Cairns / Yorkey's Knob day...... Just spoke to some folk who were on the same Kuranda trip, different bus, as me but their time in Kuranda itself was only an hour (I had an hour and a half) and they had no wait at all for a gondola down....

Brisbane%20wharf.jpg

Topic of much conversation on the roll call..... there's a bunch of us taking a boat to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and we're going to meet pre-disembarking Solstice to figure out how to get there.... Celebrity have a shuttle running that starts at 0830 but boarding for the boat ride starts at 0930 to depart at 1000. Literally just took a call from the people I'm possibly sharing a cab with tomorrow to discuss the logistics. The ride to town from the terminal is 45-60 minutes..... The pontoon for the Mirimar Cruises boat is across the bridge from where the shuttle drops off.

absolutely torrential rain today, hope its not like it for you tomorrow

Brisbane%20wharf.jpg

Fingers crossed that you make it OK. :)

Hoping too that taxis are now finding their way to the terminal when a ship is in. There is no other reason for them to be there.

I just checked google maps and the drive time from Port of Brisbane to the Cultural Centre Pontoon is about 30-35 minutes. If one of your group has mobile service, calling a taxi would be the quickest and perhaps most cost effective for you. Even allowing an extra 10 minutes in rush hour, I'm sure you would beat the shuttle, and also avoid the walk across the bridge[emoji4]

There may even be taxis already at the port since the ship is scheduled.

Edited by ozscot01

Hi Linda

Glad to hear/see your feeling better after your day in Cairns I'm sure that bottle of red wine left kindly by the shore excursions office was suitable medication [emoji485][emoji13]

There must've been a reason why 'upstairs' suggested you get onto Twitter. I'm a newbie myself and found the following re-tweeted by Celebrity! It was originally tweeted by Terri Irwin, widow of Steve Irwin - the Crocodile Hunter and instigator of the wonderful Australia Zoo wildlife park.

http://www.australiazoo.com.au

The tweet read " It looks like Derek Hough the plush koala is a huge help to the captain of @CelebrityCruise!"

19cac92b38a5b1c285c562a556169639.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

Hi Linda

There must've been a reason why 'upstairs' suggested you get onto Twitter. I'm a newbie myself and sfund the following re-tweeted by Celebrity! It was originally tweeted by Terri Irwin, widow of Steve Irwin - the Crocodile Hunter and instigator of the wonderful Australia Zoo wildlife park.

The tweet read " It looks like Derek Hough the plush koala is a huge help to the captain of @CelebrityCruise!"

Well you can get quite a Celebrity status if you use Twitter :rolleyes:

Hi Linda

Glad to hear/see your feeling better after your day in Cairns I'm sure that bottle of red wine left kindly by the shore excursions office was suitable medication [emoji485][emoji13]

There must've been a reason why 'upstairs' suggested you get onto Twitter. I'm a newbie myself and found the following re-tweeted by Celebrity! It was originally tweeted by Terri Irwin, widow of Steve Irwin - the Crocodile Hunter and instigator of the wonderful Australia Zoo wildlife park.

19cac92b38a5b1c285c562a556169639.jpg

Captain Berdos!! I'm not allowed to post any pics I have of the Bridge Console itself. They've had representatives of Australia Zoo on board and Ben, the CD, spent 5 years there working very closely with Steve Irwin.

The Celebrity twitter feed has liked my posts but not shared them on..... I need to try harder.....

Edited by NorbertsNiece