Bit of a Blog : Solstice : Auckland – Fremantle – Sydney : February 14th 2016

NorbertsNiece

Just received the 'Daily' for tomorrow in my inbox. It's green!!! St Patrick's Day.

Seems my friends have a Celebrity umbrella in their room..... I don't in mine....

There will be green beer in pubs everywhere on land too! :) Green rivers, all sorts of green celebrations.

Do they have some umbrellas at guest services? Or does the room steward organise that?

There will be green beer in pubs everywhere on land too! :) Green rivers, all sorts of green celebrations.

Do they have some umbrellas at guest services? Or does the room steward organise that?

All cabins should have a small umbrella, concierge and above have a golf umbrella as well :)

I would just ask the cabin steward

Just received the 'Daily' for tomorrow in my inbox. It's green!!! St Patrick's Day.

Seems my friends have a Celebrity umbrella in their room..... I don't in mine....

Hi Linda, wonderful Blog it brings back wonderful memories of our cruise on the Solstice last November. The umbrella is normally available to guests in the Concierge Cabins. Enjoy my hometown of Brisbane and hopefully it will not be to humid for you

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

All cabins should have a small umbrella, concierge and above have a golf umbrella as well :)

I would just ask the cabin steward

Oh! Not sure we really looked but don't recall one on our 1C cabin last year,me it definitely had one in our concierge class cabin the cruise prior, along with a pair of very weak binoculars ! [emoji102][emoji949]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Captain Berdos!! I'm not allowed to post any pics I have of the Bridge Console itself. They've had representatives of Australia Zoo on board and Ben, the CD, spent 5 years there working very closely with Steve Irwin.

The Celebrity twitter feed has liked my posts but not shared them on..... I need to try harder.....

Lol Linda, you need to be 're tweeted' I think is the term, by Celebrity and you will have made the A Grade - a true Celebrity and Social Media super star !!!!

Of course we all here on CC Already consider you as one for this, and your other awesome 'bit of a blog' contributions !! [emoji322][emoji38][emoji322]

Wow Ben is full of surprises. You'll have to ask him did he get to be the pretend crocodile and jump for fish when they practised the feeding shows at the zoo [emoji13][emoji23]

Edited by QE2_Fan

I didn't have an umbrella in my room. I should have had. I do now.

I am my own worst enemy. Sometimes, of an early evening, I clean myself up and head up to the Elite happy hour up on Deck 14 forward. Please remember I am on Deck 3 aft.....it's important.

I went up this evening to especially warn some lovely friends who are 'slightly older' than me that the weather is likely to be inclement tomorrow and to remember to take an umbrella. They had left me a message to say that rather than come with me they had purchased shuttle tickets and will meet me there for the boat tour. I explained that if they were taking the shuttle they would need to cross the bridge to reach the relevant pontoon and may be exposed to the weather. They said their map shows the shuttle stopping near the pontoon. I begged to differ and went downstairs to the Shore Excursions desk ( also Deck 3 aft) to get the map showing the drop off.

I went back up to show them the map and they said that that was not the map they had been given by Guest Services. So I went back down to GS (Deck 3 aft) to get THEIR map. Sure enough it's a different map. And it's not clear at all. I take it upstairs and they confirm that that is the map they were given.

So I went back downstairs to the Shore Excursions desk to show them the misleading map that is being given out by Guest Services. You'd think I'd leave it there.

I went to my room to get my laptop as I have a really clear map downloaded that shows the locations of both the shuttle drop off and the pontoon for the tour boat. I took the laptop upstairs to show my friends (bear in mind that I have it printed off as well but I'd forgotten about that).

You still with me?

Head back down again and take the open laptop first to Shore Excursions to confirm with them that they are using the correct map then to Guest Services.

Now here's where it gets sticky for a moment. JP comes out and I explain the story so far..... that GS are giving out misleading maps. Only now they've already changed the map so I feel like an idiot as I can't show JP. So I go back over to Shore Excursions and they still have all my bits of paper with the wrong map on which I take over and show JP.

Head to the MDR to find my friends to let them know not to use the map they have.

I'm done.

Then I head for dinner in Oceanview and have the 2nd best meal since boarding in Auckland. Tandoori chicken, vegetable biryani, dahl and mango chutney. I wrote a letter to the Executive Chef already and handed it in. Simple yet excellent flavours.

DSCN9422.jpg

DSCN9423.jpg

There was an officer taking a pic of this in the solarium this morning..... so I'm emulating.... shrug

DSCN9424.jpg

I'd kept the chocolate covered strawberries in my fridge overnight and had them for breakfast..... these were on offer in the Aqua Spa cafe.

DSCN9425.jpg

Anastasia in Cafe al Bacio asked if I wanted GF cheesecake..... I think the look on my face said it all. I actually had seconds.

DSCN9426.jpg

This is a chocolate IGLU

DSCN9427.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

A green Daily

DSCN9428.jpg

St Patrick's Day activities highlighted in green inside (you'll see this eventually)

3:00pm St. Patrick’s Day Pastry Class ....................Grand Épernay 4

5:00pm Cellar Masters Goes Irish, until Late ............Cellar Masters 4

8:00pm Lucky Shamrock Pub Trivia .........................Cellar Masters 4

8:00pm Shades of Green - St. Patrick’s Day Hot Glass Show,

until 10:00pm ....................................................Hot Glass Studio 15

8:00pm Galleria Boutiques presents: Effy Green Emeral St. Patrick’s

Day Jewelry Special ......................................................Exquisites 5

9:00pm Top Shelf Tasting**

Irish Whisky Tasting ...........................................Ensemble Lounge 5

10:00pm St. Patrick’s Day Party with Skylab Sounds, until Late ...........................................................Sky Lounge 14

11:00pm St. Patrick’s Day After Party, until Late .................Quasar 4

Dining :

Oceanview:

Lunch Buffet | St. Patrick’s Day 12 Noon – 2:00pm

Dinner Buffet | St. Patrick’s Day 6:00pm – 9:30pm

The Daily Pour

St. Patrick’s Day Specials

Today’s Special Cocktail ................Available at all Bars & Lounges

Lucky Clover $5.5

Today’s Molecular Cocktail ...............Available at Molecular Bar

Frozen Lucky Clover $10

Today’s Special Coffee .................... Available at Café Al Bacio

Irish Coffee $5.5

My dinner tonight

DSCN9429.jpg

Lol Linda, you need to be 're tweeted' I think is the term, by Celebrity and you will have made the A Grade - a true Celebrity and Social Media super star !!!!

Of course we all here on CC Already consider you as one for this, and your other awesome 'bit of a blog' contributions !! [emoji322][emoji38][emoji322]

Wow Ben is full of surprises. You'll have to ask him did he get to be the pretend crocodile and jump for fish when they practised the feeding shows at the zoo [emoji13][emoji23]

Trying to post pics to Twitter is as difficult as uploading them for posting here.... currently trying to post 3 GF dessert pics there.... may have to wait until I get to Sydney :eek:

This is a chocolate IGLU

DSCN9427.jpg

Perfect - I now have a name - so I can go to Cafe Al Bacio (in just over 2 weeks) and know exactly what to ask for. :) Looks totally decadent.

Actually another question Linda - I know they have the gelateria, but do they have the free ice cream station in the Oceanview? In particular I love love loved the cheap yogurt ice cream stuff that was dispensed there from a machine when I was on the Millennium last year. I'm pretty sure I had at least 2 of those every day - I know, I'm a cheap date....

Trying to post pics to Twitter is as difficult as uploading them for posting here.... currently trying to post 3 GF dessert pics there.... may have to wait until I get to Sydney :eek:

!! What's your tweet Id/tag thingy? If you do get them posted I'll be sure to like and retweet. I think I have a huge Twitter following of 0 but at least it will make yours look good [emoji13]

Edited by QE2_Fan

Perfect - I now have a name - so I can go to Cafe Al Bacio (in just over 2 weeks) and know exactly what to ask for. :) Looks totally decadent.

Actually another question Linda - I know they have the gelateria, but do they have the free ice cream station in the Oceanview? In particular I love love loved the cheap yogurt ice cream stuff that was dispensed there from a machine when I was on the Millennium last year. I'm pretty sure I had at least 2 of those every day - I know, I'm a cheap date....

Yes, they do indeed, and they have themes like tonight is Bananas Foster and yesterday was Cherries Jubilee..... I walk past with blinkers on.... I need to be able to walk off the ship unaided..... I don't know about any machines on board to be honest as I've not looked. And somewhere in Oceanview they make pancakes to order including GF ones and again I've made no effort to try and find them..... I'm trying hard to eat less but really enjoy what I do eat this cruise.....

Having said that tomorrow night I'm finally getting to Silk Harvest, Friday night I'm in the MDR where I've been promised filet mignon...... and Saturday night I'm back to Murano.....

Edited : Cafe al Bacio have a coffee drink called Affogato which includes a scoop of icecream floating in it...... there's a pic of it somewhere in this blog ;)

Edited by NorbertsNiece

!! What's your tweet Id/tag thingy? If you do get them posted I'll be sure to like and retweet. I think I have a huge Twitter following of 0 but at least it will make yours look good [emoji13]

@exploreyourship

It's linked to a hobby website I set up that's been dormant for a while.

@exploreyourship

It's linked to a hobby website I set up that's been dormant for a while.

Ok I'm a follower...sounds like an acceptable social media term for stalker lol!

Just to add to Linda's response, at the ice cream station at Ocean View there are two soft serve machines and they change the options every couple of days if not daily. I think that included frozen yoghurt as well as the standards soft serve. You have to ask for a cone, it's not self serve.

Funny, this topic came up at the dinner table the other night, I think my kids are already planning a bee line there when we board in October!

I get to plan flights, excursions, pre cruise hotels...they get to plan....soft serve....sheesh priorities!!

You still with me?

LOL! I think you got your workout going back and forth!

You are doing a fantastic job Linda!

I leave a week from Saturday to head to South America on Rhapsody! Wish you were on with us. We will miss you at trivia!

LOL! I think you got your workout going back and forth!

You are doing a fantastic job Linda!

I leave a week from Saturday to head to South America on Rhapsody! Wish you were on with us. We will miss you at trivia!

Did not walk down the stairs each time....THAT would've been some workout eh!?

Around the Horn Mark? How fantastic!! Bucket list cruise wow /jealous. That B2B on Rhapsody was something else!! Played hardly any trivia this time. Say hi from me x

Did not walk down the stairs each time....THAT would've been some workout eh!?

Around the Horn Mark? How fantastic!! Bucket list cruise wow /jealous. That B2B on Rhapsody was something else!! Played hardly any trivia this time. Say hi from me x

I'll tell Bruce and Alice!

When I come home, I have another layover overnight in London. Hope I can make it thru Heathrow without your assistance!!!

Wait!!! You doing the B2B to Spain??!!! OMG seriously??!! Bruce and Alice too?

Yes. We are on 3 B2B. Starts in Valparaiso, Chile and ends in Venice on Rhapsody. Booked it over a year ago!

You can join us in Barcelona and go to Venice with us!