Bit of a Blog : Solstice : Auckland – Fremantle – Sydney : February 14th 2016

NorbertsNiece

DSCN9928.jpg

There may have been another third firing but Ben came out with a tale of being invited to fire the cannon as well and letting off a blank...... :eek: the first in the history of these ceremonial events.

Someone asked earlier about ice cream in Oceanview......

DSCN9930.jpg

DSCN9931.jpg

Be careful with the container labelled Gluten Free..... someone was using tongs from another container to fish one out.....

DSCN9932.jpg

Sometimes my own dimness amazes me..... I was aware that the plates I had posted quite some time back of a Damien Hirst set were 6/12 but never thought to look for the other 6..... Found them just around the corner from the others

DSCN9933.jpg

I have been following your blog as we are doing Australia/New Zealand on the Solstice in October 2016. Its been booked quite some time, so I have been really interested in your postings.

One thing is I'd like to comment on is your photos. They have been spectacular and whilst I may have missed any info on what camera you are using, I apologise in advance for asking perhaps again?

I will never ever receive a 'photographer of the year' award as I'm only a point n shoot type, but would be interested to know what camera has produced these fine shots.

It has indeed been a pleasure to 'join' you on your vacation and for that I thank you.

Thanks for your nice comments. It's nothing exciting..... a Nikon Coolpix 12x 16.0 megapixel..... bought it on board Legend a couple of years ago when I'd dropped its predecessor in water in Copenhagen. :rolleyes:

Point and shoot pretty much. Would like a better quality zoom and I should really study how to adjust the ISO for dark venues like the theatre on board.

Thank You Linda for sharing your trip through your wonderful blog. :)

I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in our country half as much as we have all enjoyed digesting your posts. A fantastic blog that had us all entranced and eagerly awaiting for the next installment from go to woe.