Multiple Future Cruise certificates for one deposit?

chloemonkey

On our cruise in October 2015, we were told that if we purchased four of these certificates, that we would be able to use them for the required $1000 Haven deposits on a future cruise....so we purchased four.

As we already had two cruises booked, we figured we would hold them until ready to book another one. Fast forward to today - when I did try to use the four certificates for a new booking, I was told that you are only allowed to use ONE per cabin. Again, this is not what we were told when purchasing them....

Anyway, I am certain that in either case we will be able to use them at some point....just wanted to know if anyone had a better answer as I now have two different ones....and of course the gal that told us we could use all four is somewhere on the Getaway still selling away! lol

Every once in awhile they do a promo where you can use 2 certificates on 1 cabin but they are pretty specific that you can only usually use 1 per cabin. They could always be used toward a Haven room but you had to pay the difference if more of a deposit was required.

As we already had two cruises booked, we figured we would hold them until ready to book another one. Fast forward to today - when I did try to use the four certificates for a new booking, I was told that you are only allowed to use ONE per cabin. Again, this is not what we were told when purchasing them....

Did you sail on those other cruises yet? If you didn't book using a certificate, people have reported success on getting them to apply the certificate to a cruise they had already had booked.

If you book and sail by Apr 30, 2016, you can use 2 certs at one time, so the person wasn't lying for the "testing" promo. But it is 1 per cabin. Even if you bought the haven cruisenext certs (which the value vs credit seems small) you can only use one at a time.

Did you sail on those other cruises yet? If you didn't book using a certificate, people have reported success on getting them to apply the certificate to a cruise they had already had booked.

This is especially true if you have a PCC with NCl with whom you have a rapport. They are able to insert a FCC even if you have paid a deposit.

Your TA, if you used one, may also be able to do it through an NCL contact.

Mike

What was their reason for not letting you use two deposits? Did you call the general NCL number or your TA? I would try calling the CruiseNext office directly (866-234-7352) to ask them about applying a second deposit. They have been accommodating to us in the past, even when we reserved through a TA.

• 4 months later...

We just purchased 4 future deposits on the Breakaway last month and we were told that NCL will run specials that allow you to use 2 at a time because normally it's one per cabin! Not sure about the Haven....maybe you're allowed to use more? You have to keep checking for these specials or have your travel agent check for you. We always buy future deposits but usually just 2

We just purchased 4 future deposits on the Breakaway last month and we were told that NCL will run specials that allow you to use 2 at a time because normally it's one per cabin! Not sure about the Haven....maybe you're allowed to use more? You have to keep checking for these specials or have your travel agent check for you. We always buy future deposits but usually just 2

You can easily check it yourself by going to

https://www.ncl.com/cruisenext

If there is any promotion regarding using two deposits for one cabin going on, it will be listed there.