Anyone done the Rainbow Reef Snorkel Tour in Nassau?

fletch1027

I was looking for something to do in Nassau and I saw the RCI tour called "Rainbow Reef Snorkel Tour". Has anyone done this? It looks pretty cheap ($35), and I was curious if anyone has done this and if so, how was it? I have a new underwater camera and I'm looking to get come cool photos of reefs, fish, etc...

Did this excursion 2 years ago on Oasis. Enjoyed it thought it was a good value. Reef is between Paradise Island and Nassau and was calm. Tour boat and gear were in good shape. Like a lot of snorkeling tours there's a lot of dual finned bodies in the water but if you spread out you'll see fish and coral. The crew was friendly and provided info on the homes you see on the way to/ from snorkeling location. Enjoy

We've done this tour too. It was actually our first experience snorkeling....ever! The crew were great and very friendly. They did make us feel safe and watched over in the water. We had slightly rocky seas due to a previous storm, but nothing terrible. We never felt like we were in danger. Water was not a clear as I had hoped (possibly from the storm?), but you could still see a lot.

Thanks, I'll check out that thread. Since it was an RCI excursion, I was torn between posting the question here vs. the POC board... :)

My previous link (where I searched Rainbow Reef) no longer works. Here is the Bahamas POC link, you can search 'best snorkeling in nassau' for additional excursion discussion. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58. :)