How do I sign up for Internet (Social Plan)

BeadedGoblets

I don't think there is a hub app available for the iPad. If you find it please let me know. I have it on my iPhone but not my ipad

There is not a iPad app, but the iPhone app will work. I loaded it onto my iPad.

When you search in the App store, set it to look for iPhone apps.

When I was on the Sunshine in December, I did not download or upload an app on my iPad.

I bought the daily social media plan and used with no problems. I used wifi while in ports and as soon as I went to facebook back in the ship, the link for the Carnivsl website popped up and I just followed the instructions and bought the plan I wanted.

Was very easy.

Saint Greg,

Does that say "$5 a day AND $18/Cruise" for the Social Media Package?

Thanks!

Please that the card posted was for a 4 or 5 days cruise. It is $5 per day and on those cruises it was $15 for 4 days or $18 for 5 days. For 7 days it is $25.

Our 10 and 11 days, were $40 so it seems the price is according to the length of the cruise.

The card you receive in your cabin will have the appropriate charge for the length of your cruise. :)

Please that the card posted was for a 4 or 5 days cruise. It is $5 per day and on those cruises it was $15 for 4 days or $18 for 5 days. For 7 days it is $25.

Our 10 and 11 days, were $40 so it seems the price is according to the length of the cruise.

The card you receive in your cabin will have the appropriate charge for the length of your cruise. :)

Thank you so much! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm guessing this "Social media" plan doesn't include apps for Ebay/Amazon? How is this plan different from the standard Internet plans?

The reason for me asking about Ebay/Amazon is I sell products on them and need to answer customer service questions. I have apps are for this. But need some type of connection to do it.

I'm guessing this "Social media" plan doesn't include apps for Ebay/Amazon? How is this plan different from the standard Internet plans?

The Social Media plan is restricted to certain websites (or more specifically to websites the apps use).

The Value plan is wide open, except for streaming media.

The Premium plan gives you a faster connection than Value.

You can sign up for the Social Media plan, and see if your apps work. If they don't, then you can upgrade to the Value plan. If you want more speed, then upgrade to Premium.

Since you have a "business", you can write off the expense.

You can buy the plan for _one_ device and activate a personal hotspot through which other devices can go online later.

On the iPhone / iPad as example in the Settings menu - personal hotspot and activate it. Use your second device and connect to the new WLAN signal.

It uses a little bit more of the battery for providing the WLAN signal but it works fine. Of course you need to be in the same area - otherwise the signal will be lost. At least it can save 50% of the internet fee onboard.

We used the internet on our cruise last month. We purchased the social media, but upgraded to value so we could get email/surf the net, etc... it was great. We only purchased one package so we could only use one device. It was easy to switch back and forth... when you log in on a different device it just asks you if you want to disconnect previous device. Nothing to it. It would be convenient to have two packages so that you could contact each other on the ship - but that convenience wasn't worth $25 (5 day cruise) for us because we were mostly together.

I had the value plan on our Breeze cruise this past January. It was an 8 day cruise and about 2/3 the way through the cruise iMessage stopped working.

When I asked someone at the desk about it they said it's a known issue and it has something to do with the authentication with Apple. Basically your phone can loose it's connection with Apple and may not get it back therefore not being able to send them anymore. It happened to me and I tried everything. I signed out of my

Apple account, reset my phone, turned it off, nothing helped. Honestly I just couldn't get my connection back. But the internet still worked.

Just so you know, iMessage worked most of the time but this can happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sorry to hear this.....just figured this out as a way to communicate 'cheaply with dh back home (he does not have a FB account!)....I was going to use Imessage from my ipad to his iphone!!

May have to 'convince' him to sing up for FB or possibly download whatsapp - so we can use this in case the imessage function craps out on me mid-cruise?

Edited by Froufie

Does anyone know if Reddit will be added to the social media package or whether or not that counts? I'm not opposed to the value plan, I'd just like to know either way if the card lists all the social media sites or if those are just the main ones.

• 1 month later...
I don't think there is a hub app available for the iPad. If you find it please let me know. I have it on my iPhone but not my ipad

I have it on my iPad, go into the App Store and search for carnival hub, then change the top left tab to"iPhones only" and it will let you download it[emoji1]

Just off the Breeze March 12th sailing. We purchased the social media plan for $25 for the 8 night cruise solely for the purpose of using imessage ($5 per day otherwise). Although the information specifically states that imessage will not work, it did indeed work beautifully!

I'd like to do this before boarding but can't see where I can add it to my booking. Do I need to wait until I'm onboard to do this?

Sort of off-topic, but what about the internet café on board. Do you use the same plan on their computers that you would on your own device or is there a different plan? I would presume that there might be a little speed improvement since their computers are wired into their network.