Tahitian Princess Question: Which Side?

paradise55

My wife and I will be booking a 10 day French Polynesia - Cook Islands cruise for next year. We are looking at either owner's suite 8064 or 8067 depending on which one would provide the best panoramic views of the islands and sunsets for this particular itinerary. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I think that you would be happy in either one. the ship anchors at huahine, moorea and bora bora, so those islands wouldn't make any difference, and you would get sunset/sunrise on both sides on the sea days. I have seen the ship pointed in both directions when it docks at Raiatea.

When are you going on the TP? My hubby and I are booked on the 2 July 06 TP trip to French Polynesia and the Cook islands and we too have booked an Owner's Suite. We weren't at all worried about port or starboard, but we did ask for an aft cabin as lots of cruise critic people have said that forward cabins can be a) very windy and b) very noisy when the anchor drops. Hope this helps!

We went this last Aug. and I personally think the port side was better on our cruise, but being in the OS I really don't think it matters....be prepared though, sunrises are much better than sunsets...it held true on our cruise and have heard the same statement from many others. Have a great time :)

Archived