NCL Island Beach Break??

mitsugirly

Can anyone confirm what this place is actually? I know there was some talk of it being the "old" Bannister Island, but then there was talk of it being a different "Cay" not as far away, at one point.

When I read the reviews on NCL's site, it has "decent" reviews BUT, there's no mention of the Star fish in the area (and when we went to Bannister, it was loaded with Starfish). I also know at one point the island was purchased by someone else and renamed "Starfish Island" and there was mention of the starfish being kept in some type of "tank" or roped off area in the water at the beach. :( :confused: Once again, no mention of this from the reviews on NCL. Everyone seems to think the place is ok.

I do see that NCL states "no snorkeling aloud" :eek: :confused: from the beach. Um, why not? Anyone? I mean if it's the old Bannister Island, there's not much to see, but there was the starfish and I hate swimming and not being able to wear my goggles to see what's under me.

Any help is appreciated.

Also...for you NCL cruisers out there...does NCL not offer any trips to Goff Cay or Rendezvous?

We did Goffs Caye through Eco tours January, 2015. Loved it!! I think it was about $40 per person plus lunch ($12 for two grilled lobster tails).

The only down side for me was that it was very rocky getting out of the water.

So you also had good service with Eco? Is THIS the right place? (Just wondering because it said $55pp so just wondering). What else do they have on the menu other than grilled lobster tails? Do you remember cost? Do you know how much drinks were?

https://belizecruiseexcursions.com/BelizeBeachSnorkeling.htm. sorry, we booked through this operator. They were easy to find on the pier, they brought us to the slip to wait for the boat to bring us to the island. It took about 30 minutes to get there. We all got off the boat, whoever wanted to snorkel got back on the boat, they brought us out aways spilt us into groups of 6 (I think) then we went with our guides who pointed out sea stuff (lobsters, tropical fish), we snorkeled back to the island where we had lunch. 2 grilled lobster tails were $12. They were very good. Not sure of the drink prices, we drank the complimentary rum punch.