Upselling on the Escape?

adweenal

Can you call for an up sell if you didn't book through NCL?

Yes! We booked through a discount travel group and got an upsell this past Tuesday, for the 27/2 sailing. Inside cabin to balcony for $200CAD each. We've been calling for a few weeks, each time they said, "...nothing today, try calling back tomorrow." So we did; again, and again, and again. Persistence pays off :)

We paid $1000/pp. It comes out to less than half the fare we would have paid if we had booked into the Haven directly.

They were offering an upsell to a Haven Spa Suite for $1500/pp - which is curious because the regular rack rate for those suites was less than for the Courtyard. I honestly had been hoping we could book into a spa suite, but for the difference in price decided it wasn't worth it.

Also, with the upsell, you do not get any extra promos - so the wifi, free dining, etc do not come with the upsell. You still keep whatever promos you had at the time you booked the original cabin.

Good luck - I hope you get your upsell :o)

We paid $1000/pp. It comes out to less than half the fare we would have paid if we had booked into the Haven directly.

They were offering an upsell to a Haven Spa Suite for $1500/pp - which is curious because the regular rack rate for those suites was less than for the Courtyard. I honestly had been hoping we could book into a spa suite, but for the difference in price decided it wasn't worth it.

Also, with the upsell, you do not get any extra promos - so the wifi, free dining, etc do not come with the upsell. You still keep whatever promos you had at the time you booked the original cabin.

Good luck - I hope you get your upsell :o)

Thank you! That is interesting about the Spa suite...I wonder if there were more penthouses available? Or they are trying to get people into the Haven proper to get them hooked? Lol!

We were in the Haven (aft-facing penthouse) last October on Getaway and it was amazing. I couldn't justify paying almost triple what we paid for that cabin for a courtyard penthouse, though, so we booked a mini-suite & will try for the less expensive up sell. We already have Free UBP, so we are good to go for promotions[emoji6]

Enjoy your Haven experience!

my friend who is on the Escape now called 10 days out and went from an inside to a mini suite for $150 p/p. I guess it depends on the week you sail. I sail over spring break (Mar 26), so I don't expect anything, but I will try.

Me too! Went from inside stateroom to Balcony Midship by upgrading to Balcony guarantee and got a midship cabin on deck 13 for $90pp. :)

We received an upsell from a BD Balcony to a H5 Haven Penthouse for $1000 total for all three of us (for 3/19 sailing). We were offered a Haven Spa Suite upsell via email around 27 days out and I immediately called them back. They wanted $3,000 and they offered the Haven Penthouse when I asked if they had anything cheaper.

Edited by ljrfrm