Ultimate beverage package include Speciality coffee at all

Shocker

We have the Ultimate Beverage package and I can't find if it includes any specialty coffees. It does say it excludes select Lavazza coffee beverages but are there some that are included.

Thank you in advance for this information if you have it.

Dave

We have the Ultimate Beverage package and I can't find if it includes any specialty coffees. It does say it excludes select Lavazza coffee beverages but are there some that are included.

Thank you in advance for this information if you have it.

Dave

Nope. However, you can always get regular coffee and ask for a shot to put into it.

Harriet

Nope. However, you can always get regular coffee and ask for a shot to put into it.

Harriet

That's my plan if the urge hits me. I'll have a black coffee and a bailey's & Kahlua on the rocks please...I'll probably just forget the coffee though.

We had the same experience as the previous posters on our last few cruises: alcoholic cocktails made with espresso are included. They are listed in the menu at the coffee bar, things like "Buena Vista Irish Coffee" and "Mississippi Mud".

I don't know if this is a general policy on all ships, or if it changed recently, because occasionally we would get a server who told us that these drinks were not included and that we would be charged (but we never were).

I don't know how they would react if you asked for an Irish Coffee without the whiskey, or with the whiskey on the side. We just drank the Irish Coffee, at 9am… :p

Edited by hawkeyetlse

I like that idea drinking the irish coffee at 9AM..thanks...

We had the same experience as the previous posters on our last few cruises: alcoholic cocktails made with espresso are included. They are listed in the menu at the coffee bar, things like "Buena Vista Irish Coffee" and "Mississippi Mud".

I don't know if this is a general policy on all ships, or if it changed recently, because occasionally we would get a server who told us that these drinks were not included and that we would be charged (but we never were).

I don't know how they would react if you asked for an Irish Coffee without the whiskey, or with the whiskey on the side. We just drank the Irish Coffee, at 9am… :p

Has UBP always excluded specialty coffee? Or is that a Del Rio change too, along with paying gratuities on a promo package?

It has always excluded specialty coffee, fresher squeezed juice, bottled water, and maybe some others I can't remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work for a major water bottling company and it wouldn't cost 20 cents a bottle, it actually cost about 6 to 7cents per bottle. It's really not that big of a a deal spending $3 on they way to the port and giving a case to the porter to check in. Or just fill a bottle on the ship. Trust me, their water is just as purified.

It has always excluded specialty coffee, fresher squeezed juice, bottled water, and maybe some others I can't remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The package should be renamed to avoid all the confusion. Utimate is not the best description.

Noun: The best achievable or imaginable of its kind:

Adjective: Being the best or most extreme example of its kind:

The UBP seems to cover the more expensive beverage items (mainly alcohol) whilst ignoring the general ones. I love speciality teas and coffees and fresh juices, I will just have to make do with cocktails and Prosecco!!!

Hello, here is Nicole from Germany.

Since December 2015 NCL offers an AI Package for us german Passangers. This include also all Lavazza Coffee Specialities, also Cappuccino, Latte etc.

Here you finde the Information http://www.ncl.de/all-inclusive/ (sorry, only in german).

So, this seems to be the different between your UBP?

I like that. I used a translator tool so hopefully I understood it. I like the fact that it includes a litre bottle of water per person per day in the stateroom.

It must be quite confusing when passengers on board ask bar or restaurant staff what is included in their package? They need to be aware of the country of booking to give answers, or is it noted differently on the key card?.

Hello, here is Nicole from Germany.

Since December 2015 NCL offers an AI Package for us german Passangers. This include also all Lavazza Coffee Specialities, also Cappuccino, Latte etc.

Here you finde the Information http://www.ncl.de/all-inclusive/ (sorry, only in german).

So, this seems to be the different between your UBP?

Yes, the new "Premium All Inclusive" offering for the German, Austrian & Swiss markets is = UBP + bottles of water for your cabin + Lavazza Coffee Specialities IN THE RESTAURANTS. Note that coffee specialities ordered in the bars are still chargeable.

"Excludes: Open wines and bottled beers or beers on tap over US $ 15, cab service, beverage packages, bottles of water (one liter bottle per person per day for free), Promotions on board or Beer Buckets, excellent premium quality brands (subject to change), bottled wines, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza coffees, which are ordered through room service, in bars or at the coffee bar in the atrium, wine from the dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines, mini bar, ice bar".

The cost works out at an extra €18 per day. Since all gratuities to all listed All-inclusive and the recommended Crew gratuity (DSC) are included this works out at pretty good value especially for bookings within 30 days of sailing when you wouldn't qualify for a promotional amenity if booked elsewhere.

It's even better for us in the UK to book through a German TA as the NCL € prices usually work out considerably lower than the £ prices (and on the European cruises I've looked at they are cheaper than the US ones as well).