Luggage?

Preacherman46

We will be cruising with Celebrity for the first time and have only seen instructions for leaving luggage out the nite before arriving for Rome. Is it possible to self-assist instead? Thank you.

Yes - simply do not put it out and then you gt to carry it off. Very simple.

Just be sure you have transport arranged to get to Rome as it is over an hour away. Two shuttles plus a fairly log walk to get to the train. Private car services pick you up right at the ship. There is no hassle getting off in Civitavecchia as Italy rarely has any customs so you simply walk off.

EDIT: I was apparently mistaken

I can say with certainty that those who get stuck behind someone struggling to drag multiple suitcases in narrow passages, elevators, and stairs can't help but wonder why someone would choose to do this. If someone else is willing to schlep my suitcases off the ship, I will gladly let them. Recovering our bags in the tent on the pier has been very easy.

Edited by Maligator

Yes - simply do not put it out and then you gt to carry it off. Very simple.

Just be sure you have transport arranged to get to Rome as it is over an hour away. Two shuttles plus a fairly log walk to get to the train. Private car services pick you up right at the ship. There is no hassle getting off in Civitavecchia as Italy rarely has any customs so you simply walk off.

Absolutely. We did this last year.

Thank you very much. We do have Romecabs picking us up thanks to the info on this board. We really appreciate all the help here!!! Our first TA. and only our 5th cruise. :)

Remember that you must be capable of moving all your luggage by yourself -- no assist from the crew -- and must not have severe mobility issues in order for you to take your luggage yourself rather than picking it up on land.

Thank you, we need to keep that in mind as we pack:) We only plan on 3 pieces of carry-on size. Thanks again for the reminder:)