Carnival Liberty Dry-Dock Nov/Dec 2016

amlord

Just got email this morning that they are swapping valor for liberty. I was looking forward to the valor.

Bummed.

We are getting the Valor in place of the Liberty!!! For what it's worth, the ships appear to be identical in layout! We were on the Liberty in June '16 and really liked her!!!

The Liberty is going into an extended dry dock because she has ongoing and unresolved mechanical issues. Did y'all not notice she had to cancel the cruise prior to this last one?

Apparently the mechanical issues are so severe, that they have decided to bring in the Valor (which is a great sister ship) to replace the Liberty while she undergoes extensive repairs.

The Liberty is going into an extended dry dock because she has ongoing and unresolved mechanical issues. Did y'all not notice she had to cancel the cruise prior to this last one?

Apparently the mechanical issues are so severe, that they have decided to bring in the Valor (which is a great sister ship) to replace the Liberty while she undergoes extensive repairs.

Which is exactly why I am considering changing. Reviews aren't near as good for the Liberty. The email states that Valor can handle the farther destinations better. Not a real confidence booster for the Liberty :)

We'll see if they offer any incentives to stay with change.

We also got switched from the Valor to the Liberty for December 22nd cruise. The issue is concerning the propulsion problems the Liberty has been having lately with the speed. I guess its better/safer to have her go just to the Bahamas than cruises more than 3-5 days or longer.

Just got email this morning that they are swapping valor for liberty. I was looking forward to the valor.

Bummed.

We are too!!! We were on the Liberty last summer and really like her!!! Valor seems almost identical. But honestly, anytime I am not in the office is a good time!!!!

The Liberty is a good ship and I wouldn't be worried about the propulsion problems. I actually think it's an excellent solution until they get the issue fixed. There should be no discernible difference in the cruises out of FL just by switching out the Valor for the Liberty.

Doing the nearby Bahama routes don't require the speed that the routes out of Galveston do.