Baths - tour or on our own?

Justabitoff

Yes you can go on your own if that is what you are asking? Very easy ferry and taxi and less expensive. The real benefit is if in port longer you have much more flexibility on how you spend your time on VG, and when you go to the Baths. On a short port day you don't have that flexibility of course...

Yes, I know we can go on our own, but what I wanted to know is does the Baths make sense to get around on our own or is a tour better? We're in port for 9 hours. It seems like most people go on their own, so I'm guess I already know the answer, but I just wanted to make sure.

Yes, I know we can go on our own, but what I wanted to know is does the Baths make sense to get around on our own or is a tour better? We're in port for 9 hours. It seems like most people go on their own, so I'm guess I already know the answer, but I just wanted to make sure.

You are correct - no tours that I am aware of unless you hire a private charter boat for the day.

Have a great day!

The Easy Way is to take an excursion offered thru the ship.

Do book early if you want to take a ship's excursion because they fill up quickly. Lots of folks actually do prefer to book with the ship.

With 9 hours you'll have ample time to go to the Baths on your own if you wish.

Whichever, ENJOY! :)

We are planning on heading to the Baths on our own, and I believe we are on your cruise AND from Minnesota also! Not to be a stalker- saw you posting on our ships roll call :D

To Blue- have heard rumors that a Sunday ferry could be a little off, do you think we'd have any problems with that?

Edited by LVLstar

We are planning on heading to the Baths on our own, and I believe we are on your cruise AND from Minnesota also! Not to be a stalker- saw you posting on our ships roll call :D

To Blue- have heard rumors that a Sunday ferry could be a little off, do you think we'd have any problems with that?

I'm not much help there, sorry! Our experience is the ferry schedule is very reliable, and you do have to pay attention because some are alternating or not as regular. But I guess checking when you get there is the best you can do!

Nice to "meet" you! Maybe we could head over there together? What flights are you taking to San Juan?

Nice to "meet" you! Maybe we could head over there together? What flights are you taking to San Juan?

Absolutely!

We are flying Sun Country on the 9th, departing at 8am. It is a direct flight set to arrive at 2pm. I've been to San Juan before and didn't care to fly in early, so we'll go directly form the airport to the port. Getting excited, 50 days to go!!!

We've stayed in PR before and after our cruises from there. Before to avoid missing the boat due to weather on our end or other delays, and after to extend our vacation and enjoy a new place longer. Nice places to stay inexpensively and a beautiful island to explore.

Absolutely!

We are flying Sun Country on the 9th, departing at 8am. It is a direct flight set to arrive at 2pm. I've been to San Juan before and didn't care to fly in early, so we'll go directly form the airport to the port. Getting excited, 50 days to go!!!

Awesome! What's your email? We can coordinate!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app