Hair dryers/ Travel irons?

lulutoo

Are either of these items allowed to be brought on? I saw a list of some prohibited things like extension cords, but did not notice these two things on it. It seems from my vague memory neither were permitted on other cruise lines- and that perhaps hair dryers were already in the cabins but that irons are not available at all - just pressing services.?

Just want to be sure them confiscated.

Thanks

Hair dryers are allowed, but I don't bother to take mine. I find the supplied one ok but I know other people do prefer their own so its up to you.

Irons not allowed and no guest-use irons available onboard. Pressing available for a fee

Are either of these items allowed to be brought on? I saw a list of some prohibited things like extension cords, but did not notice these two things on it. It seems from my vague memory neither were permitted on other cruise lines- and that perhaps hair dryers were already in the cabins but that irons are not available at all - just pressing services.?

Just want to be sure them confiscated.

Thanks

Extension cords aren't prohibited, but power strips have been confiscated. I take an extension cord on every cruise and it's never been questioned.

I also take a hair dryer, but no, irons aren't allowed.

Extension cords aren't prohibited, but power strips have been confiscated. I take an extension cord on every cruise and it's never been questioned.

I also take a hair dryer, but no, irons aren't allowed.

I understand that they may not have confiscated them, but extension cords prohibited too:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=2608

Edited by clarea

I always take my own hairdryer - the ones onboard are awful and tend to overheat and shut themselves off.

On the Anthem this week, for the first time ever, my hairdryer blew the fuse in my room!!! I called maintenance, and when they arrived, they said I should keep my TV and anything else off when using the dryer because there isn't much power running through those circuits to power multiple devices!

So just a heads up on that one! :)

Interesting. Thanks for pointing this out as I always take an extension lead and need it for my breathing machine. No doubt they make an exception but I like to get these things authorised just to be safe.

I thought it used to say surge protector/power strips since they can short out. If anything shorts out on an extension cord, it's at the outlet or the item plugged in itself. I have taken it on every cruise in my carryon. Oh well, if they want it, they can have it. It's no different than any other plug they already use for the tvs, lamps, etc so not sure what their issue is. The only reason I do is on some ships (older ones in particular), the plugs are a bit recessed and adapters for phones, computers, kindles, cameras etc. will not plug in completely and it's the only way to get the plug in flush. Believe me, I'd love to not have to take it and I probably won't on Anthem since there are more outlets and they appear to be flat.

Edited by BND

Interesting. Thanks for pointing this out as I always take an extension lead and need it for my breathing machine. No doubt they make an exception but I like to get these things authorised just to be safe.

They will supply you with a extension cord and distilled water (should you need it) if you contact [noparse]special_needs@rccl.com[/noparse].

I thought it used to say surge protector/power strips since they can short out. If anything shorts out on an extension cord, it's at the outlet or the item plugged in itself. I have taken it on every cruise in my carryon. Oh well, if they want it, they can have it.....

We've take one too in the past, but don't need to anymore. One time our luggage we held up in security because of the cord, and they took it until the end of the cruise. I just wanted people to know that confiscation was a possibility.